Because your parents are bringing you up correctly.

Best Answer

My stepfather was big on that, be it because he is a southerner or ex military. I use it as an adult because it's the respectful thing to do. Funny thing is that more often than not my bosses don't like being called ma'am or sir.

Best Answer

your parents have you say yes mam, sir,etc, is because they love you. if you have respect for others, they wil;l have respect for you. your friends parents obviously don't love them as much as your parents love you.

Best Answer

Very very very old fashioned. You're not the only one, but it's not particularly common. Provided your parents are still loving and supportive, do your best to live with it.

Best Answer

I don't know but listen to them...it'll go a long way.

Best Answer

your parents are just old fashioned. as long as they don't hit you or anything like that i think it's sort of quaint.

Best Answer

no your not alone...

Best Answer

Can I express my sympathy. Fortunately my parents realised that strange words like Mom and Dad worked just as well - how quaint. It's not the word you use to address them it's the tone of voice you use. "Sir" can easily be made to sound like an insult

Best Answer

Their teaching to show respect to those who have authority over you. My parents taught me that way and at 40 I still speak to my elders that way and they love it and it is good for business. Many here have called it old fashion. But how many old school ideas are now cool? It is sad that showing respect is considered weird by so many kids. Do the right thing. It takes great strength to show respect to our elders. Strength is what they train you in the military and they still say yes sir. Weakness is shown when we fall to peer pressure over respecting our parents. Anyone can fall to peer pressure only the strong ones stand up to peer pressure. Trust me you will be much happier if you learn the lesson well your parents are trying to teach you. They love you.

Best Answer

Bless your parents for bringing you up with a sense of repect. At least, where it is due. "You catch more flies with honey, rather than vinegar". (Just a figure of speech). When we start off an interaction on a positive note, things tend to be more rewarding, and smoother.

Best Answer

mine too. i know its weird wen frnz laugh at u over that.

Best Answer

Because your parents want you to have good manners to your elders and everyone else has parents that don't give a crap how they turn out.

Best Answer