They always think they are right and they completely bash anybody else who thinks differently. They talk about love and acceptance, but it is all a show. Just look at history, Religion is a serial offender. Countless holy wars, many genocides, human sacrifices, the Spanish Inquisition, creating an opportunity for and covering up child molestation, etc., etc., etc., etc. squared. If it were any other concept the whole thing would have been condemned and done away with long ago. It is sick and sad. OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE!!!!
Emersai Emersai 22-25, M 21 Answers Jul 13, 2011

I like what Ghandi said ("I love your Christ but I do not like your Christians"). I was reading on religious indoctrination on-line the other day. There are lots of theories; I primarily go with the idea that people who are fearful need to hold a belief that hypnotizes them into feel safe. It's like a drug (Kafka: Religion is the opiate of the masses").

Best Answer

The majority of religions have been used since their inception to deceive, inveigle, and obfuscate.

Best Answer

awesome wordage!

Best Answer

agreed.

Best Answer

You should be blaming Man and not religion<br />
Edit : If you don't believe the Bible is the the inspired word of God then you will most probably believe that man created God.

Best Answer

I agree. It's like saying guns kill people, when really it's people who are pulling on the trigger!..

Best Answer

I see what you are saying but man created religion. so I guess I am blaming both. Religion is used as a tool to seperate us as a whole and create hatred towards others. I understand some use religion to better themselves and that is great but at the core religion is an evil thing. (i believe)

Best Answer

It can be used for evil. Just like language can be (but that doesn't mean language itself is evil. Infact, if you think about it, religion is probably nothing but language)...

Best Answer

I like your brain lol

Best Answer

because their lives are so pathetic and empty that they need something to cling to. some people cling to alcohol, drugs. christians cling to the euphoric feeling they get when they think there going to heaven and your not. wont they be suprised<br />
the euphoric feeling is simple brain chemistry which has been proven using PET (positron emission tomography and SPECT (single photon emission computed tomography)

Best Answer

wonderfully put

Best Answer

im always inspired by my lovely lady friend

Best Answer

the book i got this information from was written by two doctors and published by ballantine books a division of randomhouse. and is called "why god wont go away"

Best Answer

Why is anyone brainwashed? Regardless of being a christian or not? There are people who claim to be Christian and are not, this is sc<x>riptural. But what is your point? As in your post, you say "most christians", telling me that you see there are some true Christians or followers of Christ, right? You need only worry about yourself and make sure you are not brainwashed, like any who claim something but deceive themselves. <br />
I am sure you are coming from a good heart, against those who are looking at the speck in someone else's eye while carrying a log in their own eye....like the Pharisees and Saducees in Jesus day, right? All I can say is the best you can do is pray for them and stay away from them, so they don't take you down with them, if they are brainwashed.<br />
BTW, I wanted to add that I was molested at the hand of men who made no claim to believing in God and also at the hand of men who said they believed there was a God. The bottom line is this, it is not about what someone says they believe or not. As someone who has been hurt in and out of church, I know that my God exists and I am not looking for someone to prove Him to me. If I relied on men for proof, then I would be lost. Jesus Christ is alive and well. He was, is and forever is to come. He is our hope, salvation and peace in a crazy world. God bless each of you and lead you to all Truth in Him, as you are lead and/or drawn (back) to Him. Amen.

Best Answer

Well said. I thank God everyday for opening my eyes to the truth and bringing me out of the darkness.

Best Answer

nicely said

Best Answer

I went through the Catholic school system for 12 years. Christianity, on the face of it SHOULD make people kinder---turning the other cheek, treating others the way you'd want to be treated, using a soft answer to turn away wrath, not judging lest YOU be judged, unconditional forgiveness---all these are tenets of Christianity that many so-called Christians conveniently forget when trying to make the point about what is & isn't sin.I'm particularly amused when I see these sc<x>ripture-quoting, Bible thumping hypocrites on EP experiences like "I Like to P**P my pants" and similar fetish groups. These are the same people who rail about how gays and lesbians are supposedly going to hell ! WTF ? Like I said, Christians on paper should be some of the kindest people around, ba<x>sed on the teachings, but both in school and in church (not only Catholic ones) are some of the cruelest people you will ever meet. That's why I now avoid organized religious groups, for the most part.

Best Answer

What about YOU, and your beloved atheists? Mao, Stalin, and the Occultist Hitler. They killed roughly 110 million in the past century.<br />
Yes the Catholic church committed heinous crimes for many centuries. Don't lump all Christians into your generalities because the Catholic Popes approved of wars even between Catholic nations. Quakers and Amish and Jehovah's Witnesses and other Christians have had no part in Christendom's wars.<br />
But your ideoILogical atheist freinds have even advocated genocide to downsize the human population on Earth, and they advocate the murder of innocent healthy unborn humans.<br />
Many Christians may have a straw in our eye, but you atheists have a rafter in your eye.<br />
Only a fool says "there is no God"

Best Answer

Well said.

Best Answer

Who said that I was atheist? I know that I did not say that. there you go judging somebody because you feel you are right. I am not atheist. I am agnostic. dont be so quick to think you know something chief.

Best Answer

Oh so its ok for YOU to assume things about (most) Christians, but not alright for me to make an estimation of your personal belief concerning God which was quite reasonable based upon your obvious hatred for any and all things and people- Christian

Best Answer

My response was not an assumption. It is the result of many years of observation and data gathering on the subject. And I dont hate, anything, period. I merely dislike christians who feel the need to bash and ostracize anybody/thing non christian, when in fact christianity and other associated religions have been the very source of much pain, suffering, genocide ect. who would not feel similar except those who have been blinded by religion? Your comments about Hitler, Mao and Stalin are moot. These people we not motivated by atheism to do what they did. They we just severly messed up people. The things I mentioned were the direct result of these religions and it is terrible. You seem to be exactly what I was talking about when I said "brainwashed" defending christianity very harshly and making statements out of (seemingly) anger and defense instead of an intelligent, well thought out rebuttal.

Best Answer

Your very question and supporting opening statement display your hatred of what your view of Christianity is. So my pointing out that atheists who preach communism and socialism and secularism and who murdered at least 110 million people (outside of the Second World War- those were victims of pogroms and political killings) is just moot, only because You say so. Well done bravogood retort...
I admitted the Catholic church has been the foremost in bloodshed out of all of Christendom's religions. I did not defend that. It is heinous. I said do not lump all sects of Christianity into your rant. There ARE Christians, yes even Catholics, who have followed Jesus' teachings, despite what their preacher or pastor or priest might have urged them to do contrary to

Best Answer

.... contrary to their personal faith. Catholics even burned peeps at the stake for READING the Bible. Yes they committed that heinous crime, and not just once but many tkmes. I defended Christianity as a whole, but NOT Christendom, which is inclusive of the political govern,ents that have commmited fornication with some of the main religions of Christianity, and for that those religions are reprehe sible before God. My defense was of Christianity as a whole, and lumping groups in that are Pacifists does your argument no good.

Best Answer

Funny but Jesus said you dispicable fool. The Bible says that only a fool says" there is no God" you are a fool for not knowing the difference between the two statements. The Nazis were a political party that contained even Christians, but the SS and higher ranking Nazis and their Sockalist leader Hitler practiced the Occult worship of the black sun, or the dying god. Im sure that there are Christians who are in the KKK, which was started by Southern Democrats after the Civil War to harrass Northerner carpetbaggers.
Jesus said he would not recognize everyone who called him Lord. Yes and maybe not even me. Certainly he will not recognize a fool who blasphemes him and his Father. The Bible also calls those with little or no morals" stupid ones" maybe you also fit that, maybe you don't. I don't know what kind of moralith yoi practice and it is none of my business. It is God's business, and He does know everything about you, and me, and all the rest of us.
And, He is all too real, as we will all find out. Soon.

Best Answer

'Only a fool says "There is no God"'.
I resent that, because really only a fool says there IS.
There is no proof, faith does not stop towers from falling or children from starving. I am an Atheist, bought up in a Christian/Catholic household. It takes more thought, more strength to say 'No, I don't agree with this.'
All my friends are religious and I have never once been disrespectful to them about their beliefs, however as I am an Atheist, people can speak freely around me? No.
I believe that organised religion, is a hoax, however the religious people believe it to be their right to shove it down my throat.
Hitler was not an Atheist, he too was born into a Catholic household, he stopped participating in the religion early on, but he openly supported Christianity and was know for following Paganism.
I, as an Atheist believe that the BILLIONS given to religious organisations each year would be better spent on the world, there are babies starving in Africa, little girls lying dead on the streets of China, orphans dying in Russia. While the Pope, supposedly pious and self sacrificing lives it up large in the Vatican these innocent little souls die, because our world is ****** by the religious who think, lets send a fiver to the pope to go towards his next golden chalice, lets ignore 'god's' children dying because they can't have a cup of water.
Do you not believe that my time, money and resources are better spent investing in love and people rather than singing to a man in the sky, because if he is there, and as benevolent as you Christians claim, I'm pretty sure he's better support my way of life.

Best Answer

God is to blame for. OUR faults? No He is not. As for the Pope, Christians are supposed to ONLY look to Jesus as their leader. As for this worlds problems, MANKIND is to blame for allowing starvation and crushing poverty. Has God allowed en ough time for us to see that rebellion has not worked oujt, that what the Bible says is true; "it does not belong to man even to direct his own steps" and" during the time man has dominated man to his injury"
When God removes wickedness once and for all time then the real life begins. All this is the unreality. All this has been a failed experiment by Satan and his allies both spirit and human, and it is near the end.

Best Answer

you just sound angry like one of those kids that going to go shoot up a school

Best Answer

There is no god, and rational people don't need the threats of punishment nor the promise of reward to act morally. There is a reason 98% of scientists are atheist or agnostic...knowledge is the cure for delusion. BTW, Hitler was not an atheist....history is your friend.

Best Answer

So what is it you're trying to say......exactly? Don't be so vague.

Best Answer

Did you read the details? I dont think I am being very vague.

Best Answer

Living as a Christian is something really hard to do. Only Jesus was able to live fully free from sin, but that is no excuse for a Christian to sin as the goal of Christianity is to imitate Christ. I think all Christians have to find a balance in how they live within a dominant culture while remaining sensitive to their beliefs.<br />
Christians originally were descibed as followers of "the way" and were trademarked as a community founded on compassion and trust. As this community grew and multiplied it became open to corruption. The Middle Ages were not kind as the "preachers" of this time would interpret their bible to say many different things and insisting that one verse of sc<x>ripture holds four different possible meanings. It was this corruption and lax of knowledge of the truth that led to perverse interpretations that fueled wars against "heathens." <br />
This is still evident today, and if you want you can watch the documentary film "Jesus Camp" free on Youtube. It shows how extreme, right-winged Christians brainwash kids because they forgot the original goal of Christianity. The people in the film view Christianity as an "Us versus them" situation when it should be "Us serving them" when compared with Jesus' life. The corruption and decadence of Christianity is a sad reality that Christians must face so that the religion can be put back on the rails.<br />
I am sorry if you had a negative experience with Christians that caused you to post this, and it is my hope that you will gain a positive experience with a goal-oriented Christian that might improve your opinion.

Best Answer

being a christian is no different from non- christians, we are just striving to be better people. Becoming a Christian is changing one's attitude. God blesses everyone,atheist, homosexuals,ect.who goes to eternal life to be with God is God's buisness not ours. Every one can be forgiven; all you have to do is ask for forgiveness. Your past sins ,present sins and future sins will be forgiven and never be thrown at your face again. What freedom! We cannot judge anyone because we do not know people's heart. We are here to serve and love even the unlovable. This is the true meaning of christianity. Also, just because you are a Christian does not exempt you from bad things happening to you. You do not have to believe in religion; it is men made. Peace be with all of you.

Best Answer

They are sad, delusional little people who need the threat of punishment and the promise of reward to motivate them into being decent human beings (or what they see as decent). Truly they are delusional. They see themselves in a skewed manner, preventing true self realization. They mentally manifest a sense of self righteousness in a subconscious effort to cover up who they are and what they feel ashamed, scared, or guilty about. They have to push their knowledge on you because misery loves company, and if they can brainwash you into believing their nonsense, than that validates their beliefs even further. If you reject what they have to say, they take it as a personal rejection of them, so they take it very personally.

Best Answer

I can't answer that because I don't agree with the first part of your statement.<br />
Do you think perhaps you have been brainwashed to believe that we are brainwashed?<br />
Christians aren't perfect. We are forgiven.<br />
Christian are kings kids. Earthly king's kids are usually spoiled and bratty, but they are in the blood line. They are blood heirs.They are usually never disinherited.<br />
Christians may be terrible, spoiled, crazy or any of a number of things, BUT they are blood bought. They are blood heirs, hence they cannot be spiritually disinherited.

Best Answer

There is no sin that is too big for Jesus. He died for ALL our sins. Those that are His are FORGIVEN of ALL sins. But we must repent. If we never turned from our sins, then we cannot say we are truly Christian. Christians do still commit sins, but true Christians do not PRACTICE sin. Meaning we do not make it a way of life. Sin is sin, and the arrogant, the glutton, and the liar are just as guilty as the murderers and rapists. But they don't have to stay that way. Anyone can be redeemed.

Best Answer

Not all christian are brainwashed. But I think you should buy a bible and read it so you can understand why they are brainwashed. LOL!!

Best Answer

it sounds like you are just as guilty by lumping all Christians together too. i suggest you have a good re read of your question.

Best Answer

I suggest YOU have a good re read of my question genius. I clearly stated (most) not all.

Best Answer

well i feel they feel that they are right but the fact of the mater is if you belive in God you go to heaven. God is all loving and no mater what we do he will accept us. But the church is scared we wont make the right choises with out them scarring us. well God is everywhere not just at church so live your life and learn you lessons in life to perfect your soul for you are here on earth to learn for God SO HAVE FUN DOING IT

Best Answer

So if you believe in god, then its okay to be a horrible deceitful violent person, yaay.
Here we have an example of why a mind-disease such as christianity can keep spreading and afflicting more victims: because it absolves them completely of a) any moral responsibility and b) any need to think. (and thinking of course, can be painful).
There is no god.
There is no heaven.
The only life you will ever have is this one.
Wake up.

Best Answer

Thank you!!!

Best Answer