Example: guy 1: I hate racists! guy 2: well yeah, but you know who I really hate? Christian racists! guy 1: yeah, they're the worst!
VincentValentine VincentValentine 31-35, M 13 Answers Dec 9, 2011

I don't think it is worse. I think it is pointed out because it is the Christian who believes he is a part of the chosen people who will be saved. He considers himself separate from the World. So having a vice like being judgmental or unloving is contradictory to Christian teaching therefore, a Christian who does that are not separate from the World... They are not more special than anyone else. A racist Christian is a walking contradiction. A hateful Christian is also a walking contradiction of terms.

Best Answer

As do many religions, but why is it worse for Christians?

Best Answer

Because, Christian doctrine stesses on it most yet approves most worst behavior

Best Answer

Does not approve, no

Best Answer

it doesn't approve of bad behavior.

Best Answer

If we as christians are supposed to save and help others to salvation then the example we set is more important, I am also non denominational and I am because of the hypocrisies I have seen and experienced first hand my self by most of the other denominations and when we arent setting that higher example for others then yes it would make us worse because the ones needing saving can and will see that and it causes more people to stray from god by then using us as a negative example and then in turn would give them the right to feel that way about us.

Best Answer

but what it all boils down to is satans work within the churches the more he can corrupt christians and cause this to happen the more souls are lost

Best Answer

There's always that stereotype about Christians. I consider myself a Christian although I don't belong to any organized religion. For some reason the "Christians" I know are all judgmental and all-knowing, as if they have never sinned and never ever will. They criticize other people well and is sure about whether one will go to heaven or not. Most of them promote hatred, prejudice and hatred rather than what is really being taught in the Bible. I see them as hypocrites... proclaiming that their faith is strong but they refuse to mingle with other people because they don't want their faith to be shaken. It doesn't make sense to me. They keep saying how they were saved and were forgiven but too selfish to give people chances. They are all good at talking. They are like the seeds thrown in non fertile lands. They are like the man who buried the talents his master gave him to look after. The most prejudiced, judgmental and arrogant people i've met are born again baptist christians.

Best Answer

How is it okay to judge all based on a specific few? And what you are saying sounds judgmental to me, so aren't you a hypocrite too?

Best Answer

I'm sorry if I have offended you. I just stated my own opinion and experience. That's why my point was subjective, mine. You have asked a question and I have answered it honestly but unfortunately, it's not what you wanted to hear. I was brutally honest about how I think. I have my own to hold on to and if it was too harsh for you too handle maybe you should change your question to a more positive ground but no worries there's nothing wrong with this.

Best Answer

@Bato, I somewhat agree with you, there are many professing Christians act in rude and judgement ways, and pretend to be all knowing, and they too are sinners like us all. The model we have been given is from the Apostle Perter is this "in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,", he learned that from his teacher, Lord and redeemer Jesus the Christ. I am saddened, by your experience with those who say they are Christian and are not, but they too will have their time before the real Judge, King of Kings and Lord of Lords. All are not like them. You see the most loving born from above Christians have been Baptists and other Reformed Christians, I guess it is ones perspective. :-(

Best Answer

We pagans, atheists, godless do not go about preaching others in what to believe or not, neither do we condemn others to hell if they do not believe in our views. Nor we beg for money on TV for spreading our ideology. If a priest/person tells other what is wrong and should not be done and does it on sly, should he be let off because he prevented you doing the wrong by sweet words and ended up not following his own words?

Best Answer

Yes you do, liar. I see it daily.

Best Answer

See what ? con game on gullible ignorant masses and fleecing millions of $ by tele-beggars, who spend on ads and cars

Best Answer

and worse, yes

Best Answer

Hey, easy, I have nothing against any one in particular, but it bothers me to be told ad nauseam that x or y is only true god all others are devils. You can reach heaven only by particular route, or you have to part tenth of ur earnings, you have to blow yourself in order to please god

Best Answer

I do not beg for your money, I do not needed it, I do not spread and ideology, I share the Gospel (good news of Jesus the Christ), I am not a priest, I am but one beggar showing other like beggars where the bread of life can be found,. But your avatar does remind me of a verse, "Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour." (Apostle Peter, likely written between A.D. 60 and 65). Fitting avatar so it seems :-)

Best Answer

Sir, I am flattered by your comparison. I believe Satan/devil is figment of imagination. neither do I aspire to be a evil villian of fables nor a foolish martyr. I help people in my own ways and limits. Not becoz God or religion says so but to teach the beneficiary to repeat it so that this world may become better place in however small way

Best Answer

We non-Christians hear calls to repentance as being directed to ourselves, and representative of the sentiment of all Christians. So a guilty Christian is the worst hypocrite: he has treated us as an ex-smoker treats smokers, before he even tried smoking! Also, I don't think we're talking about "vices" with racism.

Best Answer

Isn't it self centered tyo assume something is directed at you? Besides, someone who has never smoked still can be aware of what is wrong with smoking as well as the addiction / temptation. I say that as an ex-smoker, btw. And racism is the worst example I could think of. There are dozens.

Best Answer

Christians do direct their attention to the "un-saved.". It is directed to them to do this by the teachings of the Bible... Lead other people to Christ... Repent ...Ask for forgiveness, you Worldly Satan Worshippers! It isn't self-centered in other words... It isn't self-centered when one refers to a group by using the word "We."

Best Answer

I don't see the problem?

Best Answer

You ahve no problem if infants are butchered, if millions die at witch hunts stake , if Wars are waged on non-existent WMD's

Best Answer

You are talking about communists and atheists again. Ignorant.

Best Answer

Satan likes to mess w unbelievers, new believers...he is the father of lies.....Christ Jesus is the Lord God Almighty....believe on Him and be saved.

God bless you.

Best Answer

That is true, very very sad... but true.

Best Answer

When you are kicked in butt and could not save ur selves. how can I trust U to save me?

Best Answer

Your ignorance is showing again.

Best Answer

Very true

Best Answer

Because Christains are supposed to "know better." When a christain slips up, it means they're a hypocrite. But of course, we are human, and we WILL mess up from time to time, people can't be expected to be perfect. A good Christain sins much less, and falls to their vices much less, but still sometimes, they do, because humans are not perfect. I wish more people would recognize this. :/ People can try really hard, but they can't be perfect.

Best Answer

sadly, yes. But we can always try!

Best Answer

So you are saying that they really aren't hypocrites, but are seen that way?

Best Answer

Yes. Good Christains know that whatever sin they did is wrong and they repent. Therefore those aren't hypocrites. If they think they're special and don't feel sorry for it, sure they are hypocrites. It depends on the person, do you know what I mean? I hope I didn't make that sound confusing or wrong.

Best Answer

I feel like that every time...but he forgives me anyway. Ask Him to heal you, help you, and He will... I've been feeling really bad llately, just run down, and I didn't know if He would help me because I've asked so many times and just run myself down again every time. But He helped me anyway, healed me, I feel alive again. :) I always feel alive again every time I ask to be. :) Try it, couldn't hurt, could it?

Best Answer

:( But He'll give you strength, okay? I wonder if ArchangelJophiel might have any encouraging words...achem?

Best Answer

no we cant be perfect god knows im not but if we put ourselves in a place of religous authority then we need to make sure we can back that up by our actions, because its not just our soul at stake its the ones that need saving that will be lost, and that is satans plan and in knowing that more caution should be takin by those preaching if they are at risk for being exposed as a hypocrit

Best Answer

that is another point. To give people the wrong impressions could hurt their chances of salvation. :/ Just try to be as close to perfect as possible, and with God's help. And own up to our mistakes and learn from them. That's all we can do. But a Christian who knows the truth is not a hypocrite if they are trying their best to acheive it, their very best. Best is as far as a person can go, not as far as they want to go.

Best Answer

Because a lot of christians like to consider them selfs as holy'er than thou, and when they **** up it also makes them hipocrites.

Best Answer

SO do people of all other beliefs, so why target Christians?

Best Answer

Americans who live in a Christian dominated society will focus on Christianity because that is the group they have the most experience with. Why would a Buddhist focus on a Christian while living in India?

Best Answer

It is not limited to America

Best Answer

Well said

Best Answer

Because Christians start most futile wars and cause more damage to Human race

Best Answer

You have no fact to back that up, it is your hate and ignorance speaking.

Best Answer

I think it's more of an inferiority / superiority factor. Most people hear the preachings from those of neo-Judaic faiths and expect all of them to be as pure or holy as they make out to be. (Assumptions; the curse of mankind.) The fact is, people are people, and religion should not be a factor in how they are treated after making a sly comment or committing a crime, unless said action is strictly against their religion - in which case, they get chastised about 4x as hard as any other random "do wrong"-er.

I.E: Using the "Christian racist" example you posted - "Christians are supposed to believe that all humans are nothing more than god's creations, and are all equal in that aspect; as such, they should not judge each-other by the color of their skin or their cultures." as a pastor once told me.

Forgive me if I didn't answer the question as you were hoping - it's somewhat late over here, and I'm attempting to give this one my all - I asked the same question for quite a long time, and this is the answer I've come to.

Best Answer

It is a good answer...

Best Answer

Everything is worse if a Christian does it. Those animals have the audacity to feed the hungry, heal the sick, comfort the lonely, and clothe the naked. they stick their noses is in everyone's business digging wells and building schools and hospitals. Damn them all to hell!

Best Answer

Best Answer

You forgot raped kids, crusades, wars , genocide etc

Best Answer

Those weren't Christians.

Best Answer

Agreed, those weren't Christians. Most atrocities in this world have been committed by atheists.

Best Answer

I don't think they are.

They're considered worse if a priest does them, for the very simple reason that they claim to be moral arbiters who are closer to God, and they reveal themselves to be hypocrites seeking a position of power over others. Similar situation for particularly fervent politicians, whatever their faith.

Best Answer

Research Buddism and other religions.....perhaps you will be surprised...........

Best Answer

I have studied all religions for 12 years. Christianity is held to a higher standard by secular society than any other religion.

Best Answer

forget all religions, read Evil Bible.com, Positive Atheism. Opinion of secular society is flawed hence we are here

Best Answer

Such hate, shame on you.

Best Answer

I do not understand the why that would make it any more special? Secular?

Best Answer

By secular society in general, or by secular society in countries with a Christian tradition? We always see the worst in the people closest to us.

Best Answer

"a higher standard by secular society"? Sounds a bit slanted to me...

Best Answer

lol right? I don't know but welcome to ep!

Best Answer

I have been on ep for years, and I dont just see it here.

Best Answer

serious?? I ALWAYS see it here lol

Best Answer

So do I, my point is that I see it in every aspect of life, so it is not limited to ep.

Best Answer

oh. I misread ur comment. I'm sorry. became a lil dyslexic there... I'm tired. lol

Best Answer

lol, no problem!

Best Answer