I'm mainly speaking of actors and actresses here, but this could apply to musicians as well. I realize that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I'm basically speaking of "classical" beauty and handsomeness. Almost all female celebrities (with the exception of many politicians, if you consider them "celebrities") are incredibly attractive in one way or another. The only physically unattractive female celebrity that I can think of off the top of my head is Susan Boyle. Men in the media, on the other hand, seem to be divided up about 50/50. Yes, there are the really handsome Brad Pitts, Leonardo DiCaprios, and Tom Cruises, but there are also plenty of "average" looking men like Tom Hanks and Robin Williams and even quite unattractive ones like Michael Jackson, Danny DeVito, and Willie Nelson. What's up with this double standard?
RopinTexan RopinTexan 22-25, M 12 Answers May 27, 2012

yeah well talking about actresses, you will maybe want to see a movie cause the lead role is "hot", I'm sure you would second guess the movie is she wasn't attractive. they are expecting to be beautiful cause thats mostly their money maker. without their face, most wouldn't be in the light. but you have those not so attractive men and ladies and they are amazing actors and actress.

Best Answer

What movie?

Best Answer

The answer is very simple <br />
Plastic Surgery

Best Answer

Right, all the female celebrities get plastic surgery...I get that. But most of the men do not. Why is this? Even some of the men who do/did get plastic surgery (e.g., Michael Jackson) end up looking a lot WORSE after getting it.

Best Answer

This is the nature of women and Men should not be extremely attractive

Best Answer

I disagree, most women celebs are too skinny and gross. Thats not beautiful or normal. They are out of touch with reality that thats ugly.

Best Answer

I suppose I mean facial beauty. I agree that the unnatural thinness of some female celebrities (e.g., Paris Hilton) is gross, but they do typically have gorgeous faces.

Best Answer

I think that women still are required to be Barbies to be attractive to the public. Men are allowed to get by with personality, talent and charisma. Women may have that too, but apparently it's not enough. Yes there is a double standard.

Best Answer

who wants to look at ugly woman....

Best Answer

Other ugly women maybe? And who wants to look at an ugly man either?

Best Answer

seriously, eh?.......total rip off

Best Answer

It's a male driven world. Also more women are not only attracted to looks but personality

Best Answer