PrettyParadigm PrettyParadigm 31-35, F 25 Answers Jul 9, 2012

Like someone else said, there is too much negativity surrounding black females as a whole. The media is harsh, many black females are disadvantaged, and the way some women portray and conduct themselves doesn't put them at the top of the food chain. But it depends on the person. I'm black and I don't find myself at the bottom of the dating pool at all.

Best Answer

I'm not here to point fingers so don't take offense here its just in my experience black women have a lot of negativity put on them by society, and eventually it gets to them, they begin to radiate that negativity, and its not that attractive. too much self consciousness self hatred hatred of each other drama insecurity and childishness. too many children raising children. furthermore a lot of black women specifically still have issues dating other ethnicities. consider their options when they are limited to black men. As a black man myself I can say A lot of the population isn't all that promising. just my observations.

Best Answer

...and, Ranger, please don't be offended by my comment, but that's a very mature observation for a man your age. Just out of curiosity, what profession are you in or you hope to get into?

Best Answer

Would it surprise you to find out I'm actually an engineer? I just moonlight as a student of the human condition, lol

Best Answer

According to what I've heard, Indian men are at the bottom of the dating pole (according to dating site statistics).

Best Answer

agree. them and the Paki

Best Answer

They allow themselves to be and that is true of any race. If more black women conducted themselves and this again is true of any race they would find that they would have much more marriage material type of guys than what they CHOOSE to put up with.

Best Answer

This is my personal opinion, but: seeing as I live in one of the most Causican-populated states in the country, I grew up seeing African-Americans as exotic and beautiful (however stupid or racist that view may be). To a slight extent, I still hold that view– not "Ohmygosh, you're soooo beautiful and hawt OMG I wanna date you", and of course it depends on the individual, but an African-American woman who I find attractive is fascinating in a different way than an attractive Causican woman. They're both beautiful, but each individual has their own allure, and race may or may not play into that. That's my opinion.

Best Answer

I was surprised to hear that black women are the least likely to get married. They are at the top of my list.

Best Answer

Are they really? I've dated a few,thought they were nice.It didn't work out beyond being friends,though,possibly because of cultural differences.

Best Answer

Sounds like you have stats and a theory: what do you think ? I'm widowed and one of my sisters is divorced, but we all married, so I don't know, personally.

Best Answer

Don't believe the hype. Each week Jet magazine present married african American couples. In each week there about 3 to 4 couples. Times that by 52 weeks with the amount of time Jet magazine been running and you will have lots of African American couples married.

Best Answer

Just because couples are shown does not mean it's true.

Best Answer

hypothetically speaking, maybe it's because you are dating the least likely race of males to get married.

Best Answer

I never heard that before, I have noticed a lot of Black men, With White,and Hispanic Women.

Best Answer

I have noticed that it seems there are more single black women, and I'm not sure why that is. I've also noticed a lot of white women with black guys, but not the other way around. I haven't heard the official stats on that sort of thing, but I suppose they could be accurate. If they are, then I am also curious to know why it might be true.

Best Answer

Where did this information come from?

Best Answer

Here's one article. There are many out there. I'm not trying to play "the race card." I just truly want to know why, to see if there's a way to remedy the situation. I'm an equal opportunity dater. I don't care if he's green as long as I find him attractive, he treats me right, and we are compatible. There was also a major TV network that featured a special a while back. They interviewed some black women in Atlanta. I'm not trying upset anyone. Just wanted some opinions and answers from different views http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Media/black-women-marry-interracial-marriage-common/story? id=10830719#.T_uegZgpDxA

Best Answer

What can I say to this question. African American women are more likely to have children before marriage. 71% of African American women have children out of wedlock. African American women are more likely to have aids. African American women make less money than others. African American women are more likely to be raised in a one parent household. More likely to be in poverty. African American women are more likely to have obesity. <br />
More likely to have diabettes and high blood pressure.<br />
More likely to have a father or sibling in prison.<br />
Have problems with body image.<br />
Have a high sexual assault or been molested.<br />
Female Genital Manipulation.<br />
High rates of unemployment.<br />
Live in public housing.<br />
Victims of members of the 4f club.<br />
African American men hegemonic masculine mind sets.<br />
Systemic racism.<br />
Colorism! Your dark and want a redbone.<br />
Lack of compatibity when educated, independent and career minded. <br />
When African American men have education, independence and a career ususally look the other way. <br />
Wanting a badboy.<br />
Have bad previous relationships with men.<br />
Use drugs, smoke or drink alcohol.<br />
Am not finish but will stop here.

Best Answer

The media portrays us as unattractive. People believe it.

Best Answer