identity issues? I see some whites pretending to be black too, much really like the whole lot of blacks, what the hell?
indigowitch indigowitch 22-25, F 5 Answers Sep 2, 2012 in EP

Not sure why it bothers you. Do you want to be sure you know who you're talking to so you can discriminate against them ? Because why would the person's colour matter otherwise ?

Best Answer

I agree, sister.

Best Answer

...no I want to know why they discriminate against themselves, since this was written a while back when a black guy was harassing one of my friends saying she must date black guys since he hates his own race, he only wants white girlfriends.

Best Answer

... and he had a profile pic of white people too... as if he hates being black or something.

Best Answer

How terribly sad. But that's just one individual, right ? The question sounded like there were several.

Best Answer

"saying she must date black guys since he hates his own race, he only wants white girlfriends."
Ouch I hate that ****, that bothers me, it shouldn't matter the skin color, people like that act like its a popularity contest.

Best Answer

hmmmm.... there are white girls who act like they are black to.... I will never get it. I think no matter what race you are, you should be proud.

Best Answer

How DOES someone "act" like they're "black" ? I'd love to know.

Best Answer

I wasn't meaning to be offensive. I was talking about the white girls that say "nigga" a lot but they are white. I don't like the word "nigga" anyways I think its derogatory term and so does black people, some are not bothered by it but I have seen others be bothered by people like that who are black by telling them white girls the word nigga is offensive to them and then the white girl likes to talk all smack like she's all that. I was just merely saying why cant we all be proud of where we come from and call it a day?

Best Answer

I was just saying that its all the same, why does anyone pretend to be someone they are not?

Best Answer

Oh, okay. Yes, I find the word offensive coming from anyone. Some kids are emulating what they see as hip-hop cool. Black people who are not trash don't use the term or behave that way either. And it doesn't mean they're acting "white", as some ignorant people charge. It's a socioeconomic and class distinction, not a racial one.

Best Answer

I know I just didn't want you to take what I said meaning to be offensive I guess I worded it wrong so it sounded offensive now reading back what I wrote.. I just don't know quite how to describe it though what I am talking about unless I pointed it out from afar.. when I see those types of people, I always like to think they just speak different from me but then I think of the origin of the term "nigga" and I shudder to think that they are calling each other that knowing that slave owners said that very same thing to their ancestors, but then not only that I see white girls do that and then they try to copy and mimic other people and I don't like that, I think it sets a bad example for people also when black people well educated or not, I understand that not all of them speak like that but for the majority in the cities who do talk like that, I have heard most say that its offensive to them when white people mimic, I almost saw a fight on the bus one time when this guy was mouthing off to this white girl who told her he didn't like her using that word and to shut up and then she started popping off, a lot like they do in the cities.. and then she started acting like someone she wasn't.. it was kind of embarrassing for me, I almost wanted to apologize for her but I shut my mouth. I mean both had a point, one says you use that word so I should be able to, but then the other says well I am that race so I can use that word lol.. I couldn't help but shrug I guess lol.
I know there are not many black people who speak like that because I moved since then... but I saw it from the majority so its just what I observed..

Best Answer

Maybe they don't want racist remarks thrown at them. You should see how racist the users are on MMORPG games when everyone knows they're playing against a black person. It's like everyone gangs up on you. This is still a very racist world. I have my pic as an avatar and I'm happy to be black, but others hide because they think that's safer.

Best Answer