What makes them so special that they deserve millions per movie or tv episode? To me , it's ridiculous & wrong. Those who work their lives away in factory jobs are real American workers and should be paid accordingly for the hard work they do. Not celebrities.
leonardmaltomeal leonardmaltomeal 51-55, M 14 Answers Oct 7, 2011

Because suckers are willing to pay.

Best Answer

ba<x>sed on how much they generate for the companies who advertise and promote them they're not overpaid. If they fail to generate income for others they quickly fade from the pop culture scene. Corporate CEO's on the other hand get paid regardless of their performance. They are overpaid.

Best Answer

Their paied because we watch them,and they collect for the advertising they sell.

Best Answer

Well, it's demand and supply basically. But yeah, I also feel that actors/actresses are overpaid. It's okay for sports or music celebrities though, I feel that they deserve it; but not thespians.

Best Answer

Because, people are basically like sheep they'll give the one that's beautiful and talented a higher salary over the person who has a more realistic job such as being a lawyer or pharmacist. I don't care if you're young, old, pretty or not if you'e not getting a reasonable or over paid salary I'm going to speak up about it. As soon as America gets it through its thick head the sooner we can get this country back on track.

Best Answer

I've read all the other answers and disagree with most. Whether or not an actor or actress is 'worth' the money they are paid is not relevant. It is the revenue that they bring to the industry that allows them to set such high salaries. Take for example Two and a half Men. Does anyone(besides Charlie) think he should have made as much (per episode) as he did? Granted, he did make the show, but his value to the producers of the show is that he could lure enough people to watch the show and SIT THROUGH ADVERTISEMENTS. THAT's what allowed him to set such high prices for his 'art'.. Art which we now find was much less 'art' than an extension of his own life/ego. It was fun while it lasted though.

Best Answer

Because not everybody can do what they do. If studios will pay them big money than they will take no matter how stupid it sounds. I believe Marlon Brando got $1,000,00 for a two minute scene in one of the Superman movies. Any of us would do the same thing if we could. It's the law of supply and demand; if an actor can bring in good money for a studio they will pay him (or her ) highly.

Best Answer

Let's put it this way;: would anyone plunk down $12.00 to see me or you in a movie ? Probably not but popular actors can get literally millions of people to put that same money down to see them so since movie making is big business it's workers get payed well.Movie moguls don't pay millions of dollars to actors out of the kindness of their heart. They plan to get that money back or more out of the finished product.

Best Answer

Pretty sure its rigged..Otherwise why did they used to get just average pay??<br />
There are plenty of people who could do the same acting,.so why are trhe film-makers etc...not very adventurous? Seems like an "in-house" type situation to me...Not forgetting that people are pretty easily led into supporting and accepting the idea....<br />
Its the same with CEO's isn't it?

Best Answer

We make it that way but watching movies, TV, going to the theater, etc. Don't be hating! Anyone can try and make it to Hollywood and become just as rich.

Best Answer

I don't know if they are. They create a lot of jobs too, merchandise factories and concert workers who go on tour, paparazzi, and they can sponsor what ever product the chose, just like "Tina Fey", in this pop on my right about an Free Audio-book.

Best Answer

Their adoring fans are more than willing to continue to go to their movies in droves and purchase the overpriced videos.

Best Answer

Because they are American royalty & they promote marketing, commercials, etc. But I agree, there needs to be a step back with their salaries..All the reality shows have made a difference & put alot of regular TV actors out of work.

Best Answer