They make rules so harsh & strict that every time someone posts, it's a violation. I tried to join http://www.talkjesus.com/forum.php#.U7w5PLH5fn8 & the owner yelled @ me & falsely accused me of violating community guidelines & posting links, which I didn't. & when I tried to explain that I didn't, he permanently banned me & let it be known that my ban will NEVER be lifted. I explained that I was in foster care, & came out of a New Age cult, & someone asked me what it was, & I copied information from a website, & I didn't post links, but I stated the name of the website. I didn't plagiarize. & the owner falsely accused me of posting links. How can Christians be mean & then preach the Word of God? I'm still recovering from cult abuse , & people want to use Romans 3:23 as justification for all these wicked church pastors.
otad12 otad12 31-35, F 10 Answers Jul 8 in Community

You might get better understanding and results from Christian cult recovery forums. There can be defensive people on just about any site, but the average church-goer or pastor is not trained to understand much about cults or spiritual abuse. I think it would be a very good topic to teach in theological seminaries, and perhaps some do teach it but not enough yet IMO.

Best Answer

Cause they have no defence against people like me who will take their own bible and beat the crap out of them with it...

Best Answer

I'm pretty sure that this would be the best solution: http://bit.ly/1k2TQHk

Best Answer

Or just forget jerks like that.

Best Answer

They must have misunderstood you and thought you were promoting the cult by posting those links. I got censored here on EP for posting a link for a humanitarian cause - I guess there was a key word that made it look as if it violated community guidelines, when it really didn't. Sometimes people totally get the wrong idea and react strongly as a result.

Best Answer

That's unfortunately just the nature of a lot of religious people.

Best Answer

Christian authority figures turning perfectly reasonable behaviour into a crime for the sake of defending their position? Well, I never.

Best Answer

Because people are hypocrites, and lie endlessly to themselves about their true inner nature.

Best Answer

Any forum that's owned, operated by an individual or corporation must operate on their ideals. Even if something isn't in writing, they have the right to change their policies on a whim. It isn't fair. But it is part of life. Is there something you need help with?

Best Answer

Because those people are the worst of the worst.

Best Answer