http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IAhDGYlpqY<br />
I find the opposite occurs way more often... <br />
Why do athiests get so irritated by christians at all?

Best Answer

Because christians are always in everyone's faces with their religion. And I have to say, even though I don't believe he ever existed, Jesus I mean, I really do like that video.

Best Answer

cool. :]

Best Answer

We are to love one another, and certainly not force our point of views on anyone..it is ok to share thoughts and opinions but never push it on anyone...everyone has a choice called free will...:)

Best Answer

yup, exactly my point :)

Best Answer

because according to their belief, we're all going to hell. to them, converting us is an act of love.

Best Answer

Ah you mean they're on commission? :)

Best Answer

lmao yeah, but who asked for their help anyways lol

Best Answer

I think athiests do the same thing. They are sometimes so concerned with what we think about our god as well. All beliefs and non beliefs can do the same thing and their are rude people in every one of them.

Best Answer

I agree about rude people but disagree about the rest. Too many questions on here mocking atheists by people who are supposed to be nice? Isn't that what your religion teaches you?

Best Answer

oh ok so no athiests ever do that (which is not true) And all people are different including christians and our religion doesn't teach you to be nice that has nothing to do with it. I don't make rude comments unless they are made about me. Aside from that I don't really care what other people believe I usually just leave people to believe what they want.

Best Answer

It's more that we get frustrated, for one reason or another. Sometimes, it's a selfish reason of Belief- tell me, don't you want people to believe you on certain, important issues, and it makes you angry when they just don't get it? Like how we all think we have the solution for politics, for the environmental damage done, for world hunger, for policies, for schools to be better, for People to be better.<br />
There is also a distinct sadness that you will see a lot of Christians experience from time to time. I have visited many forums in which, especially teens, express that they want to help their nonbelieving friends- should they just pray for them? Many are told in response that if one is to turn to God, it has to be their own decision. We are to be tools, to help, but a LOT of the time, we hurt our own cause. We come off as offensive, far too strong, as condescending. <br />
Also, one more thing... not in my sector, but in many Christian denominations, people are told that they MUST spread the word of Jesus Christ. Like missionaries, except I've seen a lot of them go where they aren't wanted. So... for them, it's in the fine print! It's a part of the tradition to share to those who don't know God.

Best Answer

but isn't it my choice? why do you think you know the ultimate truth? its very irritating and rude when people get in your face and ask questions and demand explanations of something that is just not their business. Don't you agree?

Best Answer

I was not implying that it wasn't. It's fully, and only, your choice. See, what happens is that we're supposed to share and never deny the existence or belief of God. The ministry, going out and trying to convert people who clearly want to be left alone, is respected by some Christians as good work, and rebuked by others as too strong- it does not bring many people in.
Faith has nothing to do with logic. It's a curious thing. We pray (in silence alone and in large groups), and just believe that God is listening and watching. Part of any belief is Knowing. Even though it's just believing you know what is right, it feels like truth. For example- sports teams. "Yankees are better than the Red Soxs". Belief, it becomes Fact to us, and as we are offended by opposing sports teams, we are offended when anyone challenges our beliefs- sometimes merely because they are the opposition, so it makes sense to us.
I didn't say that it made sense, but have a peak at basic psychology and you can learn the thought processes involved in belief and in offense. Part of it is that what we believe in or root for becomes a part of us, and so we feel that someone is going against US as they go against only our beliefs. It's a very personal thing. 'S why when some teams win, people say, "We won!" and make it their own personal victory.
Ah, I have had atheists do the same thing to me. Tattoo parlor with my best friend, her artist told me straight to my face that all religion was a load of crap, and openly made fun of it.
It does hurt when someone goes about it the wrong way. Realize though, it is written to share the Word- Christians don't always do it right, and organized religion turns people into little soldiers out for battle. But that's another story...

Best Answer

you know, the beginning of your comment above just says it all "we're supposed to share and never deny the existence or belief of God". Seriously? That is where the problem is you know. That is where you are really truly wrong.

Best Answer

.... you fault us for believing? I'm sorry, but I can't respect someone who can't respect what I say, as I was merely pointing out observations, very human obervations, in an effort to explain behavior. No where did I take a stab at your beliefs- no where did I enforce mine. No where did I assault you, so why the backlash?
No where did I say, "this is what I believe" in that last paragraph, and yet you made sure to include "your problem" there! I was saying in general what Christians practice- I include myself as a Christian, but just as not all atheists, Jews, agnostics are the same, not all Christians are the same. I myself, for your information, do not practice a missionary-style life. I do not go door to door with Bibles. I practice privately, and if someone asks? I'm happy to share it with them. More often than not, I step back for a human perspective on things, rather than one of bias.
Please be careful how you choose your words- words can hit harder than any punch one could throw.

Best Answer

I'm not obsessed with what Atheists think of God, I know that they don't believe. There is no point in trying to convince them otherwise, just like there is no point in them trying to convince me otherwise.<br />
What I don't appreciate is atheists talking down to us and presenting us with the same old facts that we have seen before. Spiritual people have experienced something that atheists have never experienced before. We are taught those facts in school, yet our experiences tell us otherwise. <br />
What is a person more likely to believe? Something that they have read in a text book, or something that they have experienced for themselves? Experience wins hands down over text-book knowledge in my opinion.<br />
Why are atheists so obsessed with trying to prove to Christians that God doesn't exist? If you think we are silly then just ignore us and go on with your daily activities. I don't shove religion down peoples throats. I only respond when someone brings up the topic of religion, and I respond with my opinion as I have a right to. Any other time I keep my spiritual opinions to myself or within groups where others are discussing spirituality. I have encountered more atheists who try and shove their beliefs down peoples throats than christians.

Best Answer

Many of them desperately want everyone to believe in the exact same thing. Sometimes its a political motivation for conformity and thus, mass, public obedience, and other times it is about delusion. It is in their doctrine that they must go forth and spread "the word of god" and if they do not they are being bad and neglectful christians and may get sent down to hellfire as well for failing to save enough of their fellow humans.

Best Answer

yeah. drives me crazy though

Best Answer

I don't blame you, they are an obnoxious breed.

Best Answer

thank for BA^^

Best Answer

I personally have my own set of spiritual beliefs...have friends on both sides of the issue n would much rather hear the cristian pep talk then why people find it so important to impress upon me that they believe in nothing....because I mean I don't know u but the atheists I know love to whine about being so appressed by christians not vice versa...n like i said not a christian but do notice who is the biggest baby about stuff...its not lke people walk up to u on the street n demand ur religious affiliation cause if they did I'm sure they'd be way more pissed with me....furthermore my brother who believes there is nothing when u die told me he would never label himself an atheist because all there trying to do is (excuse the comparison) martar themselves by saying look at me I crap on what u believe n everyone is mad at me for it so now I'm persecuted :'(...Not pickin a fight just calling it like I see it.

Best Answer

hmm I disagree. I am an atheist and I also have friends on both sides. I respect their beliefs and they respect mine. I don't shove it into everyone's face and the only people in my experience who start the beliefs talk is christians who then start shoving their religion into my face. Why?

Best Answer

Well I'm thinking this may be a subconscious thing for u then cause even look at your question to me it says that u need to believe they are obsessed with what u think n truly most people are just try getting by dealing with their own religious struggles n couldn't give a (sorry there christians)damn about the issues of other struggles unless they are morman, jahova's wittness or any other "special" kind of group. I myself didn't really care about this post accept it made me laugh cause of what my bro said...but anyway like i said not pickin fights only calls it like i sees it :)

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

;)

Best Answer

Because a lot of them are know it alls. I'm not a God believer but I'd imagine it 's run by Human like souls, with Human like flaws, otherwise it would be a whole lot better on Earth

Best Answer

so true

Best Answer

Mainly they're afraid of losing control over other people--the more non-Christian views (religious or non-religious) become widely accepted the less power Christians have to force non-Christians to accept Christian values as the norm.

Best Answer

maybe.

Best Answer