Started this job about three months ago....Today, the copy machine said, it needed toner..I said out loud it needs toner and they ignored me. I don't know anything about toner and a big huge copy machine so I went back to my desk. This co worker said, oh just walk off and leave it ..NICE!!! and she left and came back with big tube thing and put toner in the machine... They people that work there never told me I was suppose to put toner in the machine and never told me where they keep it but seemed to have a cow because I didn't just know and do it. Then I get dirty looks all day long. I hate my job because of the co workers and they been trying to screw me over daily.
WarriorCatGrl WarriorCatGrl 36-40, F 8 Answers Nov 29, 2011

This is why I hate the box. I don't mind the work it is always the people that makes work miserable.

Best Answer

Yup, I feel the same way.

Best Answer

I hope to do my own thing one day. The box kills ya. Morals and compassion do not exist in most boxes.

Best Answer

OH HELL NO! Look- I like you Warrior Cat Girl. Those people are crap! absolute crap and their mothers would/ should be ashamed of thier ****** childlike behavior. ok.

You need to have it permanet in your brain that they are all being fools around you. Do not let yourself want to believe otherwise. Any insult they give to you is just a demonstration of their ****** nature. after all... you are upset because you are trying to make an input.

My tips from working in a hell based environment-

1- never complain

2- smile- always. You are permanetly happy. Impenetrable, perfect. They are subordinate to you.

3- if they start yelling, analyze the dumb things they say and pick them apart. if they try to intimidate you just focus on how angry they are. The moment they raise their voice- point it out. and if they get ugly. point that out. only point out their behavior the more they try to flip their nature onto you, the more you need to stand your ground. Let them know you aren't afraid of their child like crap. Make them fear you if you have to. Read books on logic and rhetoric... dumb/ self obsessed people will never be able to properly read.

4- if they gossip alot- ignore it. its dumb and mindless- go read some neitzsche (i can't spell his name). For every stupid thing they do enrich your own life

5- have a very interesting private life they will never ever hear about- if they know a bit about you, just tell them you are busy.. if they try to get close to you deny that they are feeling you are withdrawling. They are abusers and just trying to sink their claws in- and you aren't dumb- you know them. you know what they are capable of- don't wish them to be otherwise- they aren't. its sad but.. yeah... cut them out of your life.

6-sit with a good posture

7- if they try to do anything to irritate you- start learning a new language, repeat phrases in your head while they ruin their own life with their stupid ways.Recurring annoying button pushers are like waiting in traffic. Its good to entertain yourself until the wreck is cleared off the road and you can get on with your functional life.haha... Did I mention I worked in hell?

8- look for another job.

9- be secretly over competent and wait for them to -try- to embarass you. then SCHOOL THEM. Like become a printer genius. be like oh no wait... *re sets ink and completely upgrades entire printer with genius skills...

basically- don't give up. you don't like it there because you're a free spirit. you aren't small and reduced like they are. if you're in a ruthless place you can't be sincere... you've got to protect yourself... its the hardest most grusome lesson... but the world is a cruel place...

Best Answer

I can tell your an expert from working in hell... and sometimes we have to so what we have to do for the time being. I like it smile..always be happy..never let them see you sweet kind of thing.... sad but true..I'll try my best...Thanks!!

Best Answer

you know, don't ever be upset with yourself. Love yourself. If you fail just get right back up and keep fighting. In the end they have nothing to do with your journey- always enrich your life. and do not give time to those who wish to take away from you. You can still have class and deal with these idiots... You can still be yourself... I found that working in that envirnoment made me be able to deal with anything. I never get upset anymore...
You'll have your hard days.. just don't let them push you, don't feel bad when they push. Push right back in a classy way. And you're gold.
I belive in you! I hope it works out. You're so kind... and good...

Best Answer

And screw 'em if they dont

Best Answer

I think everyone has had mean co-workers. I was the same as you for so many years until I learned that if you are shy or are nice to others, there are people who will walk all over you. It took me over 40 years to finally blow up at a guy at work. He thinks it's funny to scare others or grease their work boots or hide their stuff. When I finally lost it, it wasn't 5 minutes later that he brought me a chocolate bar and asked me if I wanted a pop. I thought OMG, bullies are just babies inside. Of course I'm not telling you to blow up at everyone, you just reminded me of many bad times I've had at work also. I know exactly how you feel. It probably would have been best to just look back at the girl that said NICE and ask if she could show you how to change the toner. It doesn't sound fair how everyone is acting mean over something so simple.

Best Answer

Ya, that what I thought..and they didn't need to be rude ..all they had to do was say..hey did anyone show u where we keep the toner come with me ..I'll show and and next time when that happen this how you change it... butttt noooo they sort of ruined my day and I don't know why but put me in a bad mood. Thanks for your story...and sometimes I worry that one day I might just blow my lip at someone.. I am shy but I can visualize myself blowing my top and how great that feel until I get fired..LOL.

Best Answer

Wow! That was one of my greatest fears. If I didn't do as I was told, I would get fired. It still bugs me how some of the worst workers seem to get along best with the bosses.

Best Answer

oh, I know.. I have so noticed that...I don't get it.

Best Answer

i agree with B3lla. The wheel that squeaks the most is noticed more. As for the mean co-workers...it's part of sharing a planet..it takes all sorts to make the world go around, you'll need to learn how to deal with them. Some advice...work is work, keep your private life out of the office..give these people no ammo to fire at you.

Best Answer

Yep...I do keep my private life to myself... one less thing for them to feed on. Thank for the reminder though...that's a good one.

Best Answer

Yes, if it ran out of toner you're expected to show some initiative and try to change it like "the copy machine needs toner - can someone show me how to change it?" might have gotten a better reaction. You have to try and be part of the team. And yes, I have had mean co-workers too.

Best Answer

I guess I didn't bother because they ignore me...so I dunno. I am a shy person I wish I could just get in people faces and be more demanding but it's not my nature... They still didn't show me where they keep toner or how to change it.

Best Answer

I would get the brand and model of the copy machine and then google the instructions manual - that will show you how to do it. It is hard to adapt sometimes depending on the co-workers you get. They will warm up to you.

Best Answer

Ya, I guess I need too.. the other office I worked in we never had to do that stuff....we had a mantenance man who did all that stuff for us....I'm learning.

Best Answer

Thx.. that a really good idea...who need them..I've got the internet. hehe.

Best Answer