Approval authority for the Purple Heart for Army personnel wounded or killed as the result of an international terrorist attack is the Secretary of the Army. All other requests for award of the Purple Heart are processed by the Commander, USA HRC (AHRC-PDO-PA).<br />
I don't think the president has any say in the matter.<br />
I wouldn't vote for him anyways but I think that call is for all branches of service secretaries approval.

Best Answer

The president is the Comander and Chief of the armed forces. Like it or not, legally he does have the last say

Best Answer

http://www.apd.army.mil/pdffiles/r600_8_22.pdf
The Secretary of Army has final decision.
While clearly an individual decoration, the Purple Heart differs from all other decorations in that an individual is not "recommended" for the decoration; rather he or she is entitled to it upon meeting specific criteria.

Best Answer

Who is the secratary of the armys' boss. The president and he does have all final say. Unless it has been changed from when I was in service. No matter what, the head honcho always has the final say and Obama is the idiot who saifd "no" that it wasn't warented. I spent years in the military and in all military matters, no matter who has the right to issue anything or has say in anything, the prez gets the final word. and only an act of congress can prevent that. And Obama WAS the one who denied the awards. Read about it. Honestly, See for yourself. Rules or no rules, the president always trumps in military matters. That's why he is "The Comander and Chief" . The military is answerable to the president, the president is answerable to the congress and senate and even thought they would have you think different, By law the senate and congress is answerable to the people. Most people don't even realize that the supreme court, on numerous ocassions in our history has backed the idea of revolution in that a government that does not act in the best interest of the people of the United States. The government can be remove by voting or even force if need be.

Best Answer

Aren't they traitors in general anyway.Birdes of a feather will flock together.

Best Answer

Agreed, but to deny medals to those soldiers is just too much. Even congress and the senate, as treacherous and stupid as they are, would never have gone that far. Obama needs to go.

Best Answer

Ask them.

Best Answer

I just did.

Best Answer