From "Today I Found Out" <br />
In the early 18th century some Germans noticed during their travels to Asia, that the locals would stuff their beef between their saddles while they would ride, to help soften it for later consumption. The Germans loved the idea of soft seasoned meat, and so they brought the idea back home with them to Hamburg. As time went on, it soon became known as Hamburg Meat.<br />
A few years later, as German immigrants made their way to the U.S., they shared the recipe for Hamburg Meat. The first record of Hamburg meat in the United States was in 1884, when the Boston Evening Journal mentioned “Hamburg Steak.” It wasn’t long before people began to put their own spin on things. The first known “Hamburger” was made by Charlie Nagreen. He introduced his “American Hamburger” at the Outgamie County Fair in Seymour, Wisconsin in 1885. His “hamburger” though wasn’t on a bun and was of course without cheese or bacon. Oh, if he only knew what he was missing. I guess like most great things in history, it just took time to develop. The first known Hamburger on buns as we know it today, took place in St. Louis in the 1904 World Fair.

Best Answer

Interesting indeed.

Best Answer

I couldnt be bothered to read all that but ill like it because i bet its interesting.

Best Answer

I've always wondered this myself.

Best Answer

I know. It's always good to find out stuff you wonder about.

Best Answer

They are so called because they were originally "Steak in the Hamburg Style" after a dish from Hamburg Germany. Calling them Hamburgers is easier.

Best Answer

because they dont have cheese on them

Best Answer

they have lham in them it mean meat in arabic;because of its kind of hard to pronounce lhamburger,people decided to call it jaùbutger instead :D

Best Answer

There might be some unofficial ham in them.

Best Answer