Because they CAN be. You're stuck with them...so why should they give a rat's @ss how they treat you?

Best Answer

I moved half way accross the country from mine so I have no idea .

Best Answer

Mine are good people but they were also mean to me.

Best Answer

role conflict and diverging social interests

Best Answer

insofar as they *are* mean, at least, sometimes it's just that we're being mean

Best Answer

I can't say why in-laws are mean. For me, I am divorcing so they would be ex-in laws, but they passed away before that all started.<br />
And I miss them terribly! They were wonderful people who I loved dearly.<br />
They treated me as a son and I did for them as I did for my own mother and father.

Best Answer

mine are really nice

Best Answer

bcuz they are related to your husband...

Best Answer

Mine are really nice.

Best Answer

You're lucky! We don't hear this lots.

Best Answer

I suppose it depends on the inlaw. I can think of a couple reasons. Essentially by marrying their child you jumped to the head of the line so to speak and have presumably more time with and control over their child than they tdo.

Their child most likely puts time with you over time them. Their child probably sees them less. You may also have different ways of doing things, different views, different habits. Most people don't like to share their loved ones even though most parents want to see their kids marry some day.

It is more negotiation when a child is married, holidays, gifts, phone calls, visits, etc. Plus maybe the child let them know that their new spouse doesn't like them. You can't trust a spouse not to tell their parents stuff. Some adult kids blame the spouse for things they don't want to do. Oh I can't take you to the store mom because my wife planned something, which may or may not be true.

Also, different views on politics, religion, differing nationalities, personalities can affect things too.

Best Answer