It's because the line between Kid and Adult is being blurred. No one is encouraged to grow up anymore. Look at places like Dave & Busters...places for adults to play like a kid. If wanted to go on a date and have a nice meal and a quiet conversation, where can you go anymore? Perpetual adolescence will be the destruction of modern society

Best Answer

Yeah, what the hell happened to the hidden jokes that kids won't necessarily understand, but that parents in the room can crack up at..? Saw a Family guy the other day w Quagmire in a thought bubble, pulling on beads, and him making jokes about how kids won't get it... That's what I am missing..

Best Answer

Gargoyles was a great show. I think to an extent Avatar the last airbender is similar in that aspect. Another great show is Naruto (although Japanese)

Best Answer

yes there are some adult things in the new avatar series while the old one had some but i hear naurto along with bleach are basically two sides of the same coin

Best Answer

Bugs Bunny was the same. Double entendres all over the place. I think the change must be either liberal attitudes, and/or marketing interests.

Best Answer

yea around the shows time period, on the show "Tom and Jerry" they actually got drunk on one episode.

Best Answer

Yes! The "politically correct" schmucks can't stand that stuff. And it went right over the kiddies's heads.

Best Answer

its not like they went around casuing chaos or what normal drunks do. it just was a bit and it ended quickly.. and the botttles they drank did not even look like alcohol

Best Answer

Have you seen Regular Show? I mean c'mon now lol

Best Answer

I said kids not stoners.

Best Answer

Hahaha. What show was all audience before that wasn't a stoner show?

Best Answer

well most shows did have some of a stoner audience but adventure time and all that jazz is targeted for that demographic.

Best Answer