I always thought that a ghetto was an impoverished area of an urbanized area, and redneck was just slang for an impoverished person in a rural area. Where I live, there are also white and hispanic people who live in "Ghettos" too. Im aware of the origin of the name from Germany to segregate Jews. I am aware that they developed their own pop culture.
ratburn ratburn 18-21 9 Answers May 13, 2011

Because people are judgemental by nature

Best Answer

Ghetto I think is a condition imposed on those considered inferior by a judgmental majority to keep them under control.<br />
Redneck comes from the coal mining disputes with union workers and the owners of companies.The union workers needed to distinguish themselves from the company goons so they wouldn't shoot each other by mistake. They wore red handkerchiefs around thier necks. Hence the term Redneck

Best Answer

They're not called "ghetto". Excuse me, but, the big bad "N word" is what is typically applied. Whites are refered to as "white trash". The poor never get a break.

Best Answer

you couldn't call poor blacks red necks they have too much class so they had to invent a term black people bathe and brush their teeth and don't smell like cigarettes and *** till they hit the absolute gutter.

Best Answer