Adam59 Adam59 56-60, M 21 Answers Feb 12, 2012

As some have said, when a woman wears a man's clothes, she is probably doing so for some reason of function or comfort. When a man wears a woman's clothes he tends to be fighting his masculinity. While men's clothes can cover a woman's body, for the most part, women's clothes are meant for beauty and sensuality and style. Men's clothes, while they may look good, are rarely sensual. In essence, when a woman wears men's clothes she is not usually fighting her sexuality/gender. When men wear women's clothes they are identifying themselves with femininity. Overall, masculinity is honored in males, while femininity is not. Honestly, mannish women are not appreciably more highly regarded in my experience than are feminine men.

Best Answer

Bit of a no brainer really - most blokes wear Jeans and a t-shirt which is totally androgynous, if a man were to adorn a breakfast at tiffanys outfit, it would appear a tad incongruous...

Best Answer

Who know? I don't recall women being called cross-dressers when they started wearing pants.

Best Answer

Neither do I

Best Answer

umm I don't really think its ok to wear mens clothing unless you really miss your man or you just got done ******* him......

Best Answer

Women wear suits, pants, men's shirts, and boxers and this is acceptable.

Best Answer

I would not wear a mens suit I would wear a suit that was tailored to fit a womans body and that is technically a womens suit that would be the equivalent of a kilt I don't wear kilts and I don't wear boxer well, unless like I said above... I do not wear mens shirts and honestly when I see a woman dressing like that I think it is unbecoming

Best Answer

Thanks for your thoughts.

Best Answer

they do at suddenly fem.com every thing for men who crossdress

Best Answer

Actually historically worldwide both men and women dressed in what we would call today in the western world, a dress or skirt. Pants, invented by the germanic tribes and both men and women wore them, were viewed by the romans as barbaric. Romans slowly adopted them as an undergarment as their empire moved north into colder climates. After the fall of the Roman's they stayed as an undergarment in most of europe for 100's of years, turning into what we call hosiery or pantyhose, A quick look at paintings of europeans in that time shows men wore frilly skirt like outfits with bows and lace, and under then they wore stockings. High heels were worn by men in europe not women for 100's of years. King Louis XIV worn 5" heels on a regular basis to make himself taller. Pants in the modern sense are very new historically speaking, last 200 years or so. And the idea that they are men only and dresses and skirts are women only came out of the late 1800's victorian period along with this whole male female clothes divide. And sadly we are still suffering with the legecy of a bunch of sexualy repressed uptight people from the victorian period that decided this is what is normal and that is not. But worldwide, in many cultures men still wear what the west would call a dress like outfit. Maybe one day when we break away from our past we can go back to men and women being ok to wear what they want without worrying what some dead person from the late 1800s would think....

Best Answer

Yup. To those who say that mens' clothes are comfortable and that is why women wear them I have to point out that most women's clothes is very comfortable indeed. Sometimes when I get up I just hang about in my boxers and T-shirt and I am very comfortable. I then have to get my trousers and so on on. So I'd imagine a skirt or dress is very comfortable indeed.

Best Answer

The equivalent of that part of feminism hasn't happened for men yet. It used to be considered obscene for women to wear pants. If enough men wear dresses for a long enough period of time, it will stop being an issue.

Best Answer

Yes i do agree with you. The sooner Men start to wear skirts and dresses long term the better then all this mockery will stop.The more Men that wear them openly on a daily basis will just end up like women wearing men like clothes it will be normal.

Best Answer

Because "tomboyish" women look cute and or sexy!

Best Answer

that's a go figgure thing iv'e always found that girls clothes not only fit me better,but felt better too,but then again,it's like over bra and panties,what?

Best Answer

Why get caught up in lables?

Best Answer

We really shouldn't but labels tend to bother some people.

Best Answer

To show that there is something Wrong with it--According to religion!!!!<br />
If religions accepted it -They would lose customers(MONEY)!

Best Answer

You're totally right. But I have no idea why.

Best Answer

More of those lovely double standards we all know.

Best Answer

You got it. My wife has worn some of my boxers. If I were to wear her panties look out.

Best Answer

Amen to that.

Best Answer

That because men are wearing clothing that female mainly wear thru out time.When they do they are called cross dressers!
Women are not since they wear pants and it is socially accepted to do so wear men's clothes! Don't ask me why it this way it just is!
Twila

Best Answer

Women just get away with it better. Men usually want to wear a dress or anything with lacy or frills<br />
A girl can wear a mans shirt or jeans and can look good in it, but a man doesn't look good in a dress.<br />
A guy can wear girls skinny jeans and a girls top and get away with it, but just not a dress.

Best Answer