TheBlessedOne TheBlessedOne 46-50, F 12 Answers Aug 10, 2013 in Embarrassing & Funny

I agree with you. I remember older comedies being much more funny. I miss them.

Best Answer

Me too.

Best Answer

I've wondered about that, too. Unfortunately, they seem to be courting an audience that isn't too bright. The fear is that more highbrow humour might be misunderstood.

Best Answer

They've run out of fresh ideas for movies/TV shows. Now they're down to using cartoons & comic books for the basis of they're screenplays.

Best Answer

That is sad.

Best Answer

What gets me is every year they hand out awards for this crap. AWARDS!? Are you kidding me? If this is the best they can do they ought to be fired, at the very least!

Best Answer

I agree. they are very bad.

Best Answer

...and don't even get me started on this 'Reality TV.'

Best Answer

They are even worse.

Best Answer

May be people likes stupidity. I believe is the result of a precise market research. It's the official religion.

Best Answer

I don't like it.

Best Answer

I don't like it, of course. It is a sort of anesthetic to avoid thinking to the main issues about ourselves and our destiny, but....yoy know, the Prince of Darkness, right now, is loughing because has been able to to make do his henchmen (the supposed great of the earth), his clear desire, with the promise of riches at the expense of the poor.

Best Answer

There are lots of kinds or "funny". It is not my kind of humor, but it does sell to a certain younger market.

Best Answer

True but I don't like it either.

Best Answer

I agree with you, it seems like most comedy involves making fun of other people. They do not write comedy like they used to, at all.

Best Answer

So true and I don't find making fun of others funny at all.

Best Answer

Me either

Best Answer

Humor takes structure. South Park has structure. Family Guy is just random and is much easier to write.

Best Answer

I don't find Family Guy funny at all. I hate the show.

Best Answer

It has it's moments, but it is terribly random and unstructured and many of the shorts are just not that well put together. I call it inoffensive offensive humor. After I watch a Southpark, I have things to think about because of the themes.

Best Answer

American comedies tend be more along the lines of overly sexual and perverse than funny in my experience.<br />
British comedies like Hot Fuzz and Death At A Funeral are great though.

Best Answer

Agree.

Best Answer

The entertainment industry itself has been corrupted by the deadly sin of greed. They don't want to entertain you, they just want your money.

Best Answer