Rosesanddiamonds Rosesanddiamonds 22-25, F 20 Answers Jun 5, 2011

Hi anoniG

good question even if it is not true of all 18-25 year old men.

This is my theory anyway: Women dress up for other women as much if not more than for men. It is intra gender competition not to attract a man. Of course some is self expression too. Anyway with young men they are very much focussed on getting the approval of other men as displayed by their lack of emotional involvement with women. IMHO they are too concerned with intra gender competition too. Strange as typically young men are said to be obsessed with the opposite gender.

So is basically a matter of immaturity.

Best wishes

:)

Best Answer

wow very insightful stuff. thanks :)

Best Answer

Hi anoniG thanks. I observed that my cats compete that way. Cross gender they are friends but same gender fight!
Also in that sense girlfriends are more status symbols to support the young men in their competition with their male peers, hence lack of emotion displayed.
:)

Best Answer

Very True.....based on My Experience Anyway....They just don't care about anything but getting their d**** wet........

Best Answer

Societal Expectations. I've known many males like this. It starts young 8 or 9 and continues throughout their lives. Some males change and become more affectionate, some don't.

Best Answer

Not all guys are emotionless. Maybe you are attracted to those type and dont know it. You are making a stereotypical statement. Just because you have met some that are it doesnt mean they are all. Change your hunting grounds!

Best Answer

you say "some" too liberally... ive met a lot (understatement) of guys like this.

Best Answer

A good question/

What I do know is that there doesn’t appear to be the desire to be ‘different’ these days. It’s strange how so many people are doing their own thing, whilst at the same time every man and his dog are doing the *same* thing. It isn’t peer-pressure anymore and I think there should be a better word for men at that age who seem to want to hide their emotions, and many of them do.

Society puts us together and we live in society. As time goes by, society itself changes. Girls of 15 positively *dislike* being called ‘girls’ because they don’t think they are; they are women in their own eyes. The same applies to boys of 15. They can hardly wait to grow up and as they rush ahead of themselves they are not emotionally skilled in some things of life; and at 15 some boys consider themselves men and they appear to be locked there.

They are in a great hurry to grow and become men and in their hurry they lose contact with themselves and *some* become emotionally stunted simply because when they ‘became a man’ at 15 they didn’t move on. And so they are emotionally pulled back to that age whilst their actual age gathers on :-)

~F~

Best Answer

I have not found that to be the case.

Best Answer

well thats funny... cos I have.

Best Answer

I know btu where are all the nice guys Literaturegirl? Even the jerks hang out in the library.

Best Answer

I was made this way cause of exposure to amphetamines , getting off em jumping into what is beyond lunacy & learning that humans are very treacherous

Best Answer

They're not emotionless, they're taught and conditioned to supress emotion and so they can't deal with emotion. Its really effed up.

Best Answer

I guess... the irony actually is this persona of them being incontrol is fake if they can't evenay how they feel when it comes to their heart.

Best Answer

We have feelings you know ...

Best Answer

otherwise they get fully worked over by chicks....

its just brain protection.

Best Answer

I don't think it's just a "male" thing. Females can be like this at that age, too. It's a social and/or cultural defect. Plus, many don't want to fully commit at this age.

Best Answer

It's a combination of several thoughts posted above. Guys mature, (if they do), at a later age. They've been babied and spoiled by their moms. Raised in a contentious home and think that's the way relationships are supposed to be. Think they're IT! I could go on, but you're a smart cookie and I think you get the picture.

Best Answer

great point made here. :)

Best Answer

rush and busy discovering life as adults

Best Answer