maddogtel maddogtel 26-30, M 15 Answers May 17, 2012

No offense, but a lot of the time when I come across someone who talks about other people being sheep and just following the crowd, all I see is a sheep who is following the crowd.

If you are not a sheep who follows the crowd, then why are you so hung up on what everyone else is doing? Who cares? Do your own thing and forget what others are doing. If someone wants to follow the crowd, then let them. They might have a good reason for it. Maybe their own thoughts and opinions happen to agree with the crowd. Would you want someone to go against their own thoughts and opinions just to be different from the crowd?

I'm suspicious of people who view everyone as sheep who just follow the crowd. Usually they say this kind of thing just to try and make themselves look cool and try and be different. Fact is, you are all the same. You're all following the crowd.

Best Answer

I liked and agree with some of your comments.

Best Answer

Yeah it is true that nobody is an island... and probably also that no thought or emotion you have had or will have in your life has not already been thought or experienced before by someone else...
And also that breaking of new ground does seem to happen most commonly by rare individuals... and that everybody likes to think they are a lot closer to this "cutting edge" then they actually are...

Best Answer

Yes, it is. From organized religion to the way we go about educating our children to the news media, our society is perfectly set up for ignorance to thrive. And it does. Instead of forcing predetermined belief sets and ways of thinking onto others we need to encourage people to think for themselves, to interpret the world around them and develop their own political, spiritual and moral beliefs.

Best Answer

Agree 100%
I was going to say the same thing, I don't have to anymore. Hehe :D

Best Answer

Those who have forgotten how to think for themselves, and who have been taught that insane contradictions are logical, and that cruelty is loving, and that slavery is freedom - do not dare think for themselves so they cannot express their own thoughts. Time to fix our education systems that intentionally tell lies and intentionally fail to provide students with the information that they need to do what you suggest.

You did not sell your soul to the devil or sell yourself into slavery. You were indoctrinated - from a very young age - to demand your own slavery to those who now own you.

Best Answer

I-baaaa-totally-baaaa, baaaa, agree-baaa, baaa, baaaaaaaa!

Best Answer

Read up on Dr. Michael Savage and your question will be answered.

Best Answer

You might as well ask, why do the people allow the gov't to tell you what to do with your lives instead of you telling the gov't what they should to.

I always question the things the gov't does otherwise I wouldn't be informed about when they attempt to take away my rights. and that will happen if ya'll don'y say or do anything....I do

Best Answer

we live in a society & conformity is important for ones survival.

but going against the crowd sometimes will bring much needed improvements.

or on the other side, bring the worst to all.

Best Answer

oh maybe they have just had the wool pulled over their eyes and have lost their sense of purpose.

Best Answer

OK- Just how do we break from the crowd as a matter of fact? Let's hear it

Best Answer

Anyone can blend in, go with the flow, follow the crowd. Its the things we do different, its the times when we swim against the current, that DEFINE us, that tell the true story about who we are.

Best Answer

:/ *checks imaginary watch* nope! "They just ain't ready yet"!

Best Answer

Who ever stopped?.. the idiots..followers..dumb..confounded..follow because it is your time .. not because you are bewildered by excitement or you feel some need for a purpose.. that is idiotic.. grow a pair... grow a mind rather

Best Answer

there is was and will be such time. But people do not give a hack any more.

Best Answer

Walking into the fire is so much easier when someone goes in front of you.

Best Answer