Is it all just a joke?
Selfconsciousness Selfconsciousness 18-21, M 18 Answers Jul 2, 2012

Good observation. Some people cannot control their consumption of it, just like alcohol distroys many lives and families.

Best Answer

I could say the same for alcohol or world of warcraft, but those are completely legal.

Best Answer

Alright listen, im 21 years old, i have a buddy from my very old school, hes smoking hashish everyday, hes gone in his mind, all he think of is hes weed, we used to be best buddys, now he sits with 14-15 year olds smoking pot, and hes high (chronicly) without smoking and crazy in hes head, It seems so much more worse than even cigarettes or alcohol when u smoke it as MUCH as u otherwise would drink alcohol/play wow lol xD, just seems like u change as a person from my point of view xD idiots xD

Best Answer

The weed doesn't do it, it's him. Weed isn't addictive. Tons of people do it, but they don't have any negative effects, and they live normal, productive lives. It's not the weed, it's just your idiot friend.

Best Answer

So, you think they should be put in jail at taxpayers' expense, have a felony on their record that will keep them from getting a job, cause pain to their families, etc., instead?

Best Answer

Because most people's experience of it IS entirely harmless. Most people manage to use cars responsibly, should the fact that some people cause crashes be grounds to make cars illegal? And they're endangering other people, drug addicts only endanger themselves.

If pot was legal, it could be regulated by the government. Kept clean. Age-restricted. FDA-tested and approved. Kept out of the hands of organised crime. Grown openly by taxpaying farmers, sold by taxpaying companies, bought by taxpaying individuals. Maybe sold by premises-licensed cafes who could refuse to sell to children or anyone who was overusing, like alcohol.

Best Answer

The question is would they have had a life if they didn't smoke pot? Drug addicts all have their drug of choice, but when left without a choice most will simply move on to a different drug. About all anyone can say is that pot is not horribly physically addictive or harmful like most other drugs including tobacco and alcohol. That's why most people still want the drug to at least be a controlled substance dispensed at pharmaceuticals, bars, and other places where its use can least be regulated.

Best Answer

It is probably not the pot by itself, but is magnifying underpaying conditions. 27 years of almost daily use has not impacted me in a negative fashion. Booze on the other hand put me half way into my grave

Best Answer

Prolly, but without those drugs u would have maybe been the king of the world and had conquered the world if you really really need a depressant id say go with pot aswell, cause it is NOT normal that u use a depressant at a regular basis, that is because you are addicted

Best Answer

Using something regularly isn't the definition of addiction. If it were you'd be addicted to toothpaste. True, using a potentially addictive drug regularly makes it more likely you'll become chemically addicted, but some people just don't seem to be affected that way by pot.

Best Answer

(Also, addiction itself isn't intrinsically harmful, if the thing you're addicted to isn't causing damage and you can financially support the habit.)

Best Answer

Pot is not addictive, I believe I have a dopamine defiececy that is alleviated by the dopamine boosting properties of marijuana. The same principle sa ssris work on suppressing seratonin

Best Answer

Either because they use it, or buy into the lies that it's harmless. It affects our thinking, our coordianation, and makes people lazy. However our society accepts pretty much everything now, so this isn't surprising.

Best Answer

Sorry I hurt your feelings! Would you rather be right or happy? What I say should not have any affect on your mood.

Best Answer

either they are addicts, or they are hardcore abusers. certainly we need to acknowledge the risk, danger and harm of addiction, but you don't really believe that they are typical of all users, do you? responsible use shouldn't cause the same kind of harm. one more reason why we need to keep it out of the hands of kiddies, they don't appreciate the risks.

Best Answer

because pot is not the worse thing out there. u can ruin youre life with something as simple as gaming addiction. the people who cannot handle themselves are not as much victims as we want them to think they are.

Best Answer

I've seen that too. So many people I know claim it is harmless but the same people are on psych disability. Can't just be a coincidence. It is probably OK if you smoke it once a week or less but I know many people that absolutely cannot live without it.

Best Answer

hello, Selfconsciousness,

they've gone because of the excessive use.

like alcohol

...................... one glass .... nice

....................................................one crate.... not so nice

once in a while

........................... very pleasant

...................................................everyday ?????

they don't use

.......................... they abuse

i know people who use occasionally

................ mostly on the weekend

........................................... and they seem productive and well balanced

"all things in moderation"

......................................... who said that?

respect, from robbie

Best Answer

it is less damaging that other drugs and does make a person more relaxed, maybe too relaxed. Stoners do smoke their life away..its sad...but in moderation nothing is bad. You just got to know when to stop.

Best Answer

It is illegal because of its overall damaging effects. It harms your chance of buying medical insurance or getting it free from an employer. Most employers ban pot smokers from employment. Smoking anything puts smoke in your lungs. Buying illegal drugs supports illegal alliens and other low life's. Positive testing for pot diminishes your chances of keeping custody of your children. The high cost of pot keeps you broke.

Best Answer

So many of the things you're using to justify pot being illegal are direct results of pot being illegal in the first place.
"buying illegal drugs supports criminals" well, no ****, anyone selling illegal drugs is a criminal by definition, as are their suppliers. If you could buy the same stuff legally from a pharmacist or from the government, you wouldn't be supporting criminals.

Best Answer

it hasn't done me any harm

Best Answer

exactly, thats EVERYONE that says like that????

Best Answer

maybe because it's harmless unless you smoke it all the time? just a thought :)

Best Answer