They are rich because they have been greedy. Rich people get that way by exploiting poor people and making as big a profit out of them as they can. <br />
So greedy people who exploit people are the very types who don't give a damn about people in need. In fact they are the ones who look down their noses at the poor as being inferior losers who have no right to live.

Best Answer

Though many of the super rich are in fact like you say I know quite a few rich people who have helped me out by creating work around their house for me that really didn't need to be done. They just knew I needed the work.

Best Answer

I would try to find something truly life changing for a lot of people. Maybe a new drug or treatment could be devised. Maybe I would just dress like a bum and leave money for poor people that need help. Maybe I would adopt a child that needed love. I don't know. I don't think cars and houses would do it for me.

Best Answer

Being poor or rich has nothing to do with being insular or selfish. We all have it one way or another regardless of our status in life. It seems most rich are because they are often in the news/media. :) <br />
I admire your passion to help. We can help even if we are not rich. :)

Best Answer

You have no way of knowing what you would do if you had millions of dollars. Most people who win those big lottery jackpots are broke and ruined in a year or two. There are many rich people who help other people. I am not rich, but I have no right to accuse people of something I am not sure of-- and I really have no idea what other people do with their money.

Best Answer

Attitude comes from way of thought, not money.

Best Answer

If you had millions you would be forced (for your protection) to donate incognito. Wealthy people do give all the time. It's not about showing off. It's about the 'GIFT'

Best Answer

Maybe they were Insular and Selfish when they were Poor too!

Best Answer

That's why you and I are not rich. We don't want to go out there and **** people over, in order to make the big money.

Best Answer

You don't get rich by caring about anyone but yourself.

Best Answer

You gain wealth by watching how you spend. We gain by saving for tomorrow because we want our family to be safe. We pay our bills on time and don't buy a new car every year. Are you wanting people to build a billboard sign and have it read FREE MONEY?
I have a 2007 Toyota. My house is mortgage free. I don't have all the new gadgets. Don't need a TV. My priorities is making sure my children and grandchildren are safe. But yes I have money in the bank. It's gonna stay there.

Best Answer

That doesn't make you rich.

Best Answer

That is the point. JJ is not destitute. He has Internet. If it's from his Phone he probably paid too much for this cell strictly because it's trendy. Yet he complains Rich people aren't standing on the street corner passing out their money.
Yes I buy a lotto ticket. I purchase One a month, Never received a penny. But I would help my family first. Not my entire town. Most people would blow it on a cruise and still cry because the bank Just took their home. One needs to have common sense when it comes to money.
I grew up POOR. I didn't want my life that way and have held on to certain goals.

Best Answer

As my dad says, "you don't get rich by helping others".

Best Answer

I suppose that's generally true accept some rare circumstances like bill gates setting up a charity. But mostly do so to show how they're really good guys & to win a political seat.
You have to feel sorry for them sacrificing being a proper human being for money. Mixing with good people makes you a better person whereby the opposite is true too.

Best Answer

Yeah, but Bill Gates is a rich guy to the super rich. I suppose it also depends on how you come in to that sort of money. It's a terrible shame, even more so that it isn't exclusive to people but entire nations.

Best Answer

At least politicians think they're doing what they're doing for a good reason/cause unless we're talking about dictatorships or non idealistic ones(crooked).

Best Answer

No, I'm talking about how certain governments would rather spend excessive amounts of money on killing people in war and finding oil than they would on eradicating poverty. The Australian PM is due to completely cut spending on foreign aid.

Best Answer

Donations are relative. I'm fairly certain the point has been made that there are expectations (which fall onto a limited few of the richest, not generally the rich. There are many rich people who don't pay anything to charity) who do pay considerably to charities and whatnot, but a larger majority that don't, or pay limited. Poverty actually has a price tag easily met (even easier by countries) yet people choose to ignore it, and I was getting to nations as it's in the 'bigger picture'.

Best Answer

I was talking about those closed communities which keep themselves to themselves with a big gate outside and guards.
They don't interact with other local people & only care if something directly affects them.
For example we have terrible roads round where we live but as soon as the gated community arrived their road was done immediately. Then they're allowed to cut off local routes around them.

Best Answer

One area where they are in my town they closed of the area around where they live so that's half the countryside of the town gone. What gives them the right to set up a private village & don't say wealth.

Corrupt officials pocketing money given to them causes things not to be done/to be done. But saying because of that I'm going to live in a gated community is no excuse, that the same as not helping sort out your own country's problems & emigrating instead. How can people interact with people who they cannot even meet?

Employ local people don't you mean use them? Oh look lets build a big superstore which means local businesses go bust then employ them back at wages which they cannot live on. As for bettering yourself if you don't have brains/money/experience to begin with how can you better yourself?

I did something good once so that excuses me from all sins, I think not. They wronged me once so that's the end, imagine if all countries thought like that. As for working hard that has nothing to do with the question . Because you become richer should you become less friendly? living in an imposing house with gates doesn't exactly say anyone's welcome.

Super Rich may have the money but they don't have the numbers if everyone stopped working where would they get their money from, who would hold the weapons or build them? People can choose whether to buy things too.

Best Answer

Being part of society is leading by example. Yes I get you worked hard to be where you are but not all people do. Some just have the right connections or the money to attend the right university/get the right job. They just isolate themselves as they want to part of club they're actively just showing off their wealth & preventing themselves mixing with other people so they all have the same ego-centric views, these people have millions/billions. I don't live in a ghetto, I live in quite a nice town in England we don't have ghettos here but we do have a lack of countryside apart from the few national parks. As for the officials yes you get to vote, but do you choose who is eligible to vote for. You have to have money to afford to run in the first place & that’s a fallacy of democracy as not all people are equal.

People can’t work on their weaknesses as how can you if companies would rather hire people who have previous experience/except less pay/worse working conditions from Poland than bother giving you experience I got my first job chance as they thought I was someone else. I don’t think you should just hand people money but you could give them more food coupons/government or company sponsored learning/free healthcare-one benefit we have here/government housing if they don’t have brains or physical ability or experience or money to keep a job which you cannot get any of if you don’t have a permanent address.

Best Answer