I really like nerds/geeks always have. I love their cockiness about knowledge however I don't like the anti-emotional attitude they give out when speaking online. I want to know why they do this? I am also anti-social don't have many friends...but online I am a social butterfly.
libragirl29 libragirl29 31-35, F 10 Answers May 21, 2012

cowardly. No real confrontation. would not be brave enough to say the things to a real persons face.

Best Answer

Well, maybe they need sex. I mean with another person. I ain't close to being geek but a good bit rolling in the hay with the old lady straightens me right out. It does her a world of wonder also. <br />
Ya gotta get out there. Talk with people. Ya know you can practice on people without them even knowing, like with workers at a grocery store or market. Ya gotta start somewhere.

Best Answer

I mean, I do go out I just don't tust people. I was adopted so this is my saying: If my own mother wasn't there for me, what makes a perfect stranger accesible to my life?"

Best Answer

Well, young lady. One of my favorite songs is "Make Yourself" by Incubus. Ya gotta make yourself. You ain't who you were or who they were. You are who you are, and you'll be who you wanna be. Trust is earned, even trust in yourself. Ya gotta start small. But ya gotta start, cause ya don't don't wanna look back ten year from now and tell the same story of how things are because of your past. That will make you bitter. I don't want ya to be bitter, libragirl29. I don't think you want that either.

Best Answer

you're right. and that's why I am in College ...I am weird and like weird people :-) So too much properness makes me dizzy. I like small groups of people...wish me luck! And can I add you to my circle?

Best Answer

Give them a cyber-wedgie, that will straighten them out :P

Best Answer

This all depends on your definition of a nerd/geek. I don't think I am a nerd or a geek yet I play games competitively just to have fun. I do it at others expense rarely, and when I do its usually only because they started it. (mature huh?) I am an anti-social loner in the real world but I do what I need to get by. It all depends on who you play with, when you play with them, and how you grew up gaming.

Best Answer

I have been gaming online off and on since 1998 and take it from me. I have been told a Zillion times their are no girls on the internet, your are fat any insult they can dredge up and why do they do it. to get a reaction. Don't react and they will stop. that is just the honest truth they like to rage people. plus that is one of their sneaky maneuvers to get you to send pics....all the same bs as it was back then, still the same today.

Best Answer

Its called trolling.

Best Answer

because they are such ******* in real life. overcompensating.

Best Answer

Because its their world and noone elses.

Best Answer

I understand but when you communicate..you go into someone elses world.

Best Answer

obviously but come now you go into their world and you expect a warm welcome if your a noob? Please society doesnt give them the same disregard even if they are talented in ways average people will nevere be.

Best Answer

So, by treating others like garbage is the way to resolve your insecurities as a talented and gifted person? I think we as society need to start showing people who are highly intelligent how we appreciate them for their success an ideas that bring us together. As for being a "noob" I don't think that's fair to assume ones knowledge is less than yours. :-) If I joined DCUO gaming started out kinda stuck on stupid then...PROGRESSED hardcore. I am now a lvl 30 CR80 in TWO months. I have 6 different characters all doing the impossible I have nerds hitting me up 24-7 because they liked how I allowed myself to become knowledgable of things I desire. So a noob is definitely word of cyber bullying.And if a nerd bullies someone he/she is no different than a person at school picking on them.

Best Answer

True but then people just enjoying trolling around. There are those people and there are people who want to learn. Trust me even i had my bad gaming day and have been called a noob and other vile things xD but i dont really mind its just a game after all. If you let things affect you i guess more or less its your problem for letting you feel the way they wish you to feel. Small.

Best Answer

If they were socially adept they wouldn't qualify as geeks, I guess.

Best Answer

No...Nerds are fanatics with electronics and geeks are specializing in something electronic I'm sure that is the proper terminology. Are you suggesting the people I'm referring to are not nerds/geeks but socially inept?

Best Answer

Maybe there are new definitions these days, but I've always heard of geeks and nerds as being socially inept precisely because they spent so much time obsessed with the technical they didn't get out and socialize.

Best Answer

Maybe its a way for them to get away from the very people who upset them. and so when they DO like someone or find similar people they tend to be insulting. I'm just trying to figure it out

Best Answer

Could be. Though I can't figure out the part about insulting someone they like when they find one.

Best Answer

So you think if they insult someone they're doing it because they're being honest?

Best Answer