irishknight1973 irishknight1973 36-40, M 33 Answers Sep 8, 2009

It seems to me that more people do believe in God because they are afraid of Judgement Day, rather then the way you put it.

Best Answer

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?"- Epicurus

That quote pretty much sums up my feelings on God.

Best Answer

I'm just afraid of deluding myself with fairy tales. Staying in reality is very important for one's mental health.

Best Answer

I'm not afraid to believe in god because I don't believe in fantasy. If I were to believe in god then I'd also have to believe in Unicorns too. As for judgment day? I don't believe that will happen either.

Best Answer

I don't know why anyone is afraid of God unless they have something to be afraid of. I do think there are some people who don't believe in the "god" that has been taught by others, which essentially results in there being no God because of all the horrible things they see people "get away with". They have their own idea of who God would be if He did exist and that God would not "allow" certain things happen. I think they don't understand who God is. They don't see the love, mercy and power which people speak about.

There are people (rapists, murderers, pedophiles, etc.) who don't fear God obviously but should have been fearful enough or had the decency (enough love) not to have committed their horrific crimes against their victims (and God/Jesus). But whatever! Too late for that, the deed is done. Who shall save them from the days ahead?

I am ok, if the fact is that I will one day be said I am guilty (of any sin if I have committed a sin and it hasn't been covered under the blood of Jesus). For the simple fact that if that day did come, those a**sholes will know that they aren't gonna get away with the hideous things they have done, repeatedly without shame or guilt, while their victims have to "live", everyday and then have to endure crap from others who don't understand or care because they don't shape up and "just let it go" or are told "if you don't forgive them, you will go to hell...**** you people who tell that to people who have been raped or lived through horrible things...keep your mouth shut and go pray for God to heal them. I'm telling you, you be the one going to hell for telling someone that sh*t.

Mark 9:42 And whosoever shall offend one of these little ones that believe in me, it is better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and he were cast into the sea.

I understand where they are coming from. All I can pray is for God's will to be done. I have been through a lot of things and yet I still believe because of the peace I have in my soul.

Best Answer

I don't know of any people who are afraid to believe in god. All the people I know or who I have ever met that are atheists don't believe because the beliefe is irrational. I mean look at the bible and other such books, childish nonsense riddled with every kind of atrocity at the hands of "god" it's enough to make you sick, you wonder who the **** could have written such garbage let alone suggested it's the word of a god. Personally I'd like to slap them right accross the mouth.

Best Answer

People aren't afraid to believe in god. They're are smart enough to realize that there is a chance he doesn't exist.

Best Answer

as i dont believe in god why would i be afraid of the judgement day as i wouldn,t believe in that either....

Best Answer

I don't believe the Bible is the literal word of God, though it may contain some of the WORD. On that basis I would say that people often are afraid to be held accountable for their actions, because according to 3 of the world religions, it is quite easy to earn eternal damnation and indiscribable suffering.

Best Answer

It isn't that they are afraid to believe. Many people refuse to accept that he exists because they can't see him. They prefer instead to worship film stars, UFO's and alien beings or any one of the other things that aren't quite real but they can see with their eyes.

Deception is far more wide spread than most people realize. It's all part of the plan to steal your soul.

Best Answer

I believe that even the Christians should be the one who should be the most afraid for what they have created will surely come back on them,,,,you reap what you have sewed,,,and they all know that the words have been tampered with and words added too,,,so I am not afraid of believing in God, or Goddess,,,my sister is mad at God,,,and I don,t think that she should be mad at him,,,she says God does not need the Goddess,,,she believes that it is Goddess who does not need him,,,but I refuse to believe that , because I love God so much and I know he loves me,,,God has never lied to me,,,it is man that has lied,,,,God and Goddess,,, just believing in the Love and the Light and fear is no more,,,Mary

Best Answer

I feel like people are afraid to NOT believe in God because of judgement day.

Best Answer

Why are people afraid to not believe in God? Are they afraid of judgement day?

Best Answer

How is this so difficult to get? If you don't believe in God, *you do not think he exists*. That's all! I realise it's a huge thing for someone raised on religion to wrap their mind around, but we literally have no concept of a God who will dish out posthumous punishment. AT ALL. We do not think there will BE a Judgement Day. At all. We are not scared of Judgement Day, or Satan, or God, for the same reason you aren't scared of Freddie Krueger or Dracula. We aren't lying to you, we aren't trying to corrupt you, we aren't reacting against our own insecurities, we simply have different ideas about how the universe works.

Best Answer

Faith in a God who has never shown himself to any modern day person? Belief in the teachings of Jesus, who was simply a cult leader? Yes, I suppose if you pick out certain parts of the Christian bible, then the picture it paints is all hunky dorey.

Around 2, You cannot be serious..."how can ANY rational human argue with what Jesus wrote...and how can they explain that the human condition would be better off if more people lived that way?" By that standard, then slavery would still be ok, as even Jesus condoned it. Tell me... How would slaves be better off? Womens rights? Toss that out the window too, as the bible clearly shows that God deamanded a woman is to be subserviant to men. Funny how people pick and choose only those parts of religion that they are comfortable with....

Best Answer

Faith requires a diesire to learn about God...most people just don't have the time. Then again most people are miserable in one way or another. I try and get people to read Jesus's words as philosphy at least...how can ANY rational human argue with what Jesus wrote...and how can they explain that the human condition would be better off if more people lived that way? Is it fear or blindness...either way its at the very least lazy....the Gospel is only a few chapters in total....takes a week or less to read it....

Best Answer

people are afraid of god be cause they dont know whats to come to them. they know who god is and what he can do .... but there afraid too to believe they lost there faith!!!! by choose to live there lifes in what they believe and not how god wants them too,and what he believes in. thats why there scared because they know the truth but choose to close there hearts !!!!!! by the way christians arent the once that should be afraid its you guys who should be scared because of whats to come ... you guys have lost your faith....not the christians. you choose to live your lives how you wanted not the christians. I chose to follow god untill death beacuse he is everything to me . not because i myself am a christian but beacuse i believe in him with all my heart and soul.. even if you guys curse me untill death so what .... you can curse me all day it wont change a thing .I am waiting for christ to come any day now so i can be with him. faith is believe in him no matter what happends now or in the future..no matter what others think of you...by the way are you guys ready to live your lifes for god or not?????? its your choose how you want to live life for christ or your selfs . you your self choose

Best Answer

brilliantly framed question. It presumes that the the question is truth. That's how these f*uck up fundamendalists work. That's why stupid people fall for religion

Best Answer

I really am so surprised to see so many un-believers. Remember this.: There won't be any unbelievers in Hell,. They'll all be belivers. (only it'll be too late) hehehehe.

Best Answer

How can any rational person not believe in God? We have irrefutable proof that he exist every six months! He just released the latest update to the iPhone OS last month! I saw him with my own eyes!!!

Best Answer