teddiebear teddiebear 56-60, M 24 Answers Jun 19, 2009

Interesting that people in the South generalize that those in the North are rude. I have, on the other hand found rude and nice people all over the world. I think that sometimes we judge each other harshly for the actions of a few people when we should be giving everyone a chance.

Best Answer

If you think people from the South are rude, do not move to the North.

Best Answer

Hi teddiebear<br />
the answer is they are not. The reason is rudeness is not culturally specific. In all cultures there are rude people who abandon politeness. What you may be perceiving is an absence of typical Northern reserve - maybe related to the colder weather and harsher climate. This seems sort of true worldwide. Being open and more demonstrative is not rudeness and in fact is politeness writ large! To be cool is to be rude in The South. hence the popular view of Northerners as dour and standoffish - again untrue.<br />
:)

Best Answer

I think this is a world wide problem , maybe its magnetic , o dont know but most southerners are rude . Im from central UK and people from the south i.e London are very rude. As im central and neither north of south im an delighfully rounded and balanced person withvirtually no defects.:~)

Best Answer

Umm, I think you've got it twisted, dear.

Best Answer

I always thought it was the east coasters who were rude, but I'm from the midwest and everybody knows we don't know anything

Best Answer

HEY!...I take offence with that Question!<br />
What have we,in South Australia,done to you?<br />
SERIOUSLY!!

Best Answer

I think that it's the certain people you incounter. And please remember that your have a different life style from them...so when they may seem to be rude...actually it's simply the way they are. I believe everyone thinks that about the opposite. There is no way to detect who is worse...but I believe everyone can be rude at times, they can be nice just as well.

Best Answer

I'm from the South and I'm pretty sure I have been raised to be nothing but respectful. On the other hand, there are people from the south who are very rude. Why?? Because that is how they have been raised. It isn't so much that they are from the south. It just has to do with their elders.

Best Answer

This makes me sad : (<br />
I'm from Texas and generally I think we're all pretty swell and respectful people. i guess you just had a bad experience....Im sorry

Best Answer

Okay Texas isn't the south y'all are like North Carolina y'all say your southern but no sweetheart you aren't from the south the south is Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, and Louisiana

Best Answer

Generalize much? :/

Best Answer

That is kind of a rude statement!

Best Answer

That sticky sweet drawwwl is a cover for some nasty B.S.<br />
What a load of crap! Back stabbing crap!<br />
They never say what they mean..?<br />
They molassas coat everything and never get REAL!<br />
Say it like it is......It is a SLOW DEATH is<br />
this SOUTHERN HOSPITALITY???.....What a load of Whoz ur momma<br />
PLEEEZZZZEEEE uall we know how rude yankeez r and shut down uall !<br />
But bless her heart.... isn't that the end of all rude and nasty judgements?<br />
Harlem streets look safe at least they will let you know when they are gonna kill you!

Best Answer

You know what your saying is the opposite of the south!!!! Out mommas raise to be polite and we are obviously you are from the north and your head has been loaded with a bunch of crap about us becuase we are as sweet as it comes! Maybe y'all are so sour because you don't have sweet tea! And we ain't Yankees excuse you we are just southerners! Your mother did not raise you right maybe a mother from the south should take you in and raise how a real mother should!

Best Answer

They're not. You are stereotyping. <br />
Now, I do now they are all racists and like those guys in the movie Deliverance. :0

Best Answer

dont know if you can grasp this; LOCALS RULE you live in the north or a hundred mi. away YOU are rude and yoou dont fit in except it and be nice down south could get shot hahha...........

Best Answer

Rude and kind exists everywhere. For me though.. I've always heard southern hospitality..

Best Answer

What is rude to one person or culture is not nescarily rude in another, they may see you as the rude one.

Best Answer

Sorry I haven't noticed that they are rude but the contrary they are very nice and down to earth. I'm sorry but it seems like you met up with someone who was just rude plain and simple and has nothing to do with the south.

Best Answer

are they?

Best Answer

Well it depends on where your talking about because I live in Mississippi, which is the heart of the Deep South! And this is as nice and hospitable as people come! Even if they don't know you, people wave and say hello! I think when you blame southerners for being rude you are generalizing them ba<x>sed on your experiences (correct me if I'm wrong) from the big cities like Atlanta. Now when you go there people are rude and they are nothing compared to people who actually live in the south! People who were really raised in a southern way are readied politely and taught to never say anything mean. But that's not the same for those raised in big cities down here.

Best Answer