My brother had to let his apartment go and move back home. He sleeps on the couch and has space for his clothing and everything. He doesn't cook, clean, share, or do anything of any substance to help out at home. He gets his paycheck and takes care of himself without a thought to what everyone else is sacrificing to make room for him. He plugs up his electronics all night and all day while he is at work, and offers no assistance in the electric bill. I'm just confused and my Mom is really hurt by all this. What should we do?
Pooh1608 Pooh1608 18-21, F 10 Answers Mar 31, 2011

Sounds like he is very self centered<br />
I would talk to him and tell him how he is hurting your mom <br />
she is letting him be at her house... rent free.. the least he could do is help out around the house and show her how grateful he is to be there instead of living on the streets.<br />
I hope someone can help him see how disrespectful he is being to you and your mom.

Best Answer

More like a personality thing. And why do others suffer this in silence?

Best Answer

have you tried talking to him ?<br />
it usually works

Best Answer

sometimes a person going through a tough time becomes so preoccupied with his/her own problems and with feeling sorry for themselves that they fail to notice how their behavior is affecting others in their life and fail to appreciate the sacrifices others make for them..<br />
talk to your brother. explain how he is making the rest of the family feel, suggest he helps out around the house and/or financially (since he is getting a paycheck).. if he still does not offer any assistance, give him a bill for his share of the rent and utilities at the end of the month..

Best Answer

Try to communicate the feelings -being mindful your brother is likely discouraged and somewhat depressed.

Best Answer

Your Mom has to give him an ultimatum. He got this way somehow. If he is a teenager, he is normal

Best Answer

I gave my son 30 days to get a job and told him at the end of 30 days he would have to move on the 29th day he got a full time job.The thing that helped him see the light he knew I would do what I said.Yes it hurt some I couldn't look at him as my little boy any more,I had to look at him as a grown man at the time he was 18.to this day he works hard.

Best Answer