maddieaz maddieaz 36-40, F 27 Answers Jul 28, 2012

Genetics and poor diet. Gone is the svelte rock star and in their place, the Pillsbury doughboy with a crew cut.

Best Answer

Diet, genetics and convenient technology.

Best Answer

Sedate lifestyle at work and at home. Entertainment that is mostly taken in a seat. Better financing...hire it done instead of doing it yourself. Access to fattening foods.

Mostly it's just personal choice about what to eat, when to eat it, and how much.

Best Answer

The Internet and home video game systems for the most part. When I was a teen I was out of doors from just after breakfast until the street lights lit up every night. Running with my friends, playing basketball, hanging out. We were active and strong. We didn't eat a lot of junk because we didn't have as much money to spend as kids nowadays. And besides that our mother's all cooked and expected us home every night and sitting around the dinner table. We could have never have gotten away with sitting in our bedrooms with a box of Chicken McBites and a Coke as "dinner".

Best Answer

Food stamps !

Best Answer

?? You can still purchase healthy food with stamps; many Whole Foods stores except them.

Best Answer

You're right ! But the latest news is that the stamps (credi cards) are being used for non essentials and for twinky-like foods.

Best Answer

Fast food is cheap and addictive.

I'm hungry.

Best Answer

because our parents give in too much...and now our generation is even worse....no azss whoopings ....barely any time outs...im 21 and when i was little ...if i did something bad...i was punished...not given a fukking candy and sent to my room with tons of toys n shiyt in there

Best Answer

The fast food conspiracy. Capitalist pigs keep pushing that **** on people and soon the country will be like in Wall-E

Best Answer

Lifestyle would play a big factor, I should think. (I am an example of this. My bmi has just reached 42 and I seem to be going through a rapid weight gaining phase).

Best Answer

several reasons.

Lots of people have cars or use public transport instead of walking or cycling.

Processed crap food is cheaper and easier to buy than healthy food.

People are so busy that they eat rubbish through lack of time to prepare healthy food .

Lots of ladies now work rather than look after the children and home full time so best will in the world added pressure leads to poor diet.

Parents have got too used to giving kids computers, play stations, phones, etc instead of taking them out to exercise.

People eat more due to stress and unhappiness.

The hard work ethic has changed for some people.

Some people are badly affected weight wise by certain medications.

Thyroid problems are often untreated which leads to huge weight gain.

The list goes on and on but it is on the rise and if people don't take on board personal responsibility then it will only get worse

Best Answer

Technology has made things accessible to not have to perform physical pursuits; lack of knowledge of fitness and healthy food; lack of funds for the healthy food; oppressive regulation from the system influencing the sheep or obtuse to buy this and buy that and "you can do this without having to exercise"; some people don't have the time either- with busy schedules and home life. There is also so much commercially produced food and fast food available which is easier to access. People also don't know how to spice up the healthy food that isn't already flavorful; Tofu, some types of beans, quinoa, but it is definitely doable: herbs, spices, veggies, healthy oils with a vinaigrette, little to maybe even no salt. It's not just one answer. And this is coming from a highly active, intense health-food nut. I get it though, and don't always blame people without thinking twice, we really don't know their circumstance, and I do have a heart (compassion).

Best Answer

Because evolution favored people who could store fat and all those who couldn't starved to death. So, we're a bunch of people who are products of everyone who didn't need antibiotics for an infection and could outlast a famine. So we don't get spesis at the drop of a hat but we need even more cardio than our forebearers who chased their dinner. It's an unfortunate thing that the very genes that got us here to this time of plenty are killing us. But, that's the way evolution works.

Best Answer

Well, 15 years ago I was only 2 so ............

Best Answer

Because 15 years ago I was 4.

Best Answer

Because people are lazy and spend more time on the computer then outside doing activity.

Best Answer

Too much food ,too little exercise.

Best Answer

cos they are lazy bastards who don't do real jobs.

Best Answer

In the USA we have cheaper food in comparison to many other countries. We tend to anesthetize ourselves from our emotions through food.

Best Answer

I don't know. Too much texting.

Best Answer

maybe you should ask the government directly

Best Answer