Because where you came from makes you who you are. The things you deal with make you stronger and you have more love and humanity if you have to work hard to be where you are

Best Answer

That is how it should go, but I feel as soon as some of those people get some money, they forget the sentiment. Most never go back to those horrible places and pretend after making the money of course that they never were from there. I do understand, but Americans tend to take pride in that more than people from those places i named and they've seen some REAL sh*t!

Best Answer

my parents were drug addicts and im proud to say that i grew up poor cuz it made me NOT want to live that way so i think i had more motivation to not repeat my parents mistakes. some ppl just keep living the same way just cuz thats what they're used to. i dont think im better than anyone else tho. but i will say that im a better parent than some ppl like my own parents cuz they put drugs before me and my sister.

Best Answer

Well struggle and sufferings lead to growth, well for some....maybe not others. For the most part, that's what they identify with. It keeps them grounded. What scares the crap out of me is when people come from crappy backgrounds and CONTINUE to be crappy!<br />
That's scary!

Best Answer

Now I understand that. It is suppose to give you strength to move on, but the place didn't make you tough, you did. I know you've met some weak people from the same areas. It's the will of the man not his address.

Best Answer

After reading your desc<x>ription I would have to say, it's just a matter of pride and ego. To answer your actual question though, to grow up in that type of environment and actually survive shows a great deal or fortitude, endurance, and intelligence (If you leave the neighborhood, or as some would call it, get out da ghetto.)

Best Answer

Because it made them stronger? I don't know... you should ask them. I think they like the sense that they're from a bad place nobody would **** with them.

Best Answer