why are people all against teen moms and assume that we are just like the ones on mtv? i dont get it?? i am 21, got pregnant at 18, had my daughter at 19 when she was 26 weeks, she was 2lbs 2oz. i went and visited her every day, paid for my own gas there, paid for my food. i fianlly brought her home after 2 months! i took care of her everyday, i live with my daughter dad and we live in our own apartment. we pay our own rent, buy our own food and pay our own bills! i schedule all my daughters appointments including, occupational therapy, phsycial therapy and her cardiology appointments. i work (and not a minimum wage job) i also go to college and have had a 3.8GPA or above every semester with 3 classes each semester, I pay for my daighter to get private childcare. I was there with her every day when she landed in the hospital with RSV, i was there with her through 2 heart surgeries and i am still there for her now. i recentley even bought a new car and i am making all the payments my
mommytoabby mommytoabby 18-21, F 19 Answers Aug 14, 2012 in Fatherhood

The problem isn't teen moms but unmarried moms. Yes, women should wait till they get married to have babies. Abundant statistical research shows that children raised by single moms as a group turn out far worse in life, including being far more likely to be criminals. Neighborhoods full of single-mom families are not safe places.

Best Answer

Because they think biology and instinct are something that must be overcome and mastered which can't be done as it's innate. It's the modern society that's out of wack not your biological clock. An intelligent society would form its customs around it's humanity not against it on orders from the imaginary old man above the clouds that only "special" people can hear.

Best Answer

You clearly are a very responsible person who will do right by her child, but there are so many who are not like you. I have several friends who are currently raising grandchildren because their daughters and sometimes sons were not ready or willing to care for the babies they produced.<br />
Also, many of those who are raising their children, like yourself, are also having to backtrack to finish school or rework whatever life plans they may originally have had. From those of us on the outside, it's hard not to see a teenager who becomes pregnant as someone whose own childhood has been cut short, for instant adulthood and such duties.<br />
It's not that most think you're "bad", not at all. But when you're a teenager, usually the sky's the limit. Once you take on the responsibilities of a parent, though, the limit is the sky. Best wishes and best of luck to you and yours.

Best Answer

We aren't, and we don't. It's yet another attempt at generational division brought to by a disgraced media which has no other goal but to divide people. Do you have any idea how many teens got preggers in generations past? It's happened throughout history. Media only promotes what media wants; division=strife=news! You are loved. You are not a label. You are not an exception. You are human. You are normal. You are the reason we keep on keepin on! Whether you're 16 or 40 you make something beautiful; children.

Best Answer

WOAH! I'm not the only one! Wonderful answer!

Best Answer

i guess because if you were what some ppl see as a "good girl" you wouldnt be a teen mum......persoanlly i dont judge for for whatever you chose or choose to do<br />
best wishes S

Best Answer

Sorry, hon, you sound like one of the rare decent teen moms, but I have known several teenage mothers, and most of them are indeed clueless and negligent and in NO WAY ready to be responsible, mature adults who can raise a child.

Best Answer

thanks! i just hate that everyone assumes that im a statistic! and i get nasty messages from people on here about teen moms and they dont even know me! you know what i mean!

Best Answer

You can feel good knowing that you are doing the best you can for your child. :)

Best Answer

If what u stated as an addition to your question is true, you deserve my admiration on a level no less than hero. I wish i were as strong as you. Stories such as yours make the rest of us average people strive for more. You are inspiration. You are the best of us, and you are why we will endure

Best Answer

My thing is back when my grandparents got married they were 17 and it was common for A LOT of people to be married young and also have babies young... so why is it such a big deal now?

Best Answer

In my opinion it is because we have developed a cult of childhood that denies physical and emotional readiness for conjugal love and parenthood in simpler, agrarian and nomadic societies, marriage and parenthood occur much earlier and with the hiccups that tend to happen in the complicated west.

Best Answer

Hey, a good mom is a good mom to me as long as your able to take care of your kids and it sounds like you do, much respect to you.

Best Answer

I'm not against teen moms, as long as they're capable of taking care of their children and knows what responsibility the have once they entered motherhood.<br />
But the thing is most of them lack experience and their knowledge is very limited. Since they've been spending half of their life playing. So I guess it would be a struggle for them being a teen mom. Raising, nuturing a child is a big responsiblity. <br />
They need to see more of how others do it, before doing it themselves. Teenage is in fact much unstable with their feelings to handle such strenous and 24hr kind of job.

Best Answer

...WHY do you care what anyone thinks? You'll spend less energy picking your nose. Just sayin'...

Best Answer

I'm not against teen moms, I'm against anyone whose not fit to be a parent but still has a kid. If you're a good parent who watches your child and loves them, which it seems like you do, then I don't care really how old you are, just as long as the child gets the proper care and love they deserve.

Best Answer

I personally don't have anything against teen mothers, my own mother had me when she was a teenager. As long as you are taking care of your kids. Which you seem to be doing. I have more of a problem with people who have kids and don't care for them or love them. And I've seen this from parents of all ages not just teenager. Well good luck to you and your daughter. Hope she gets well.

Best Answer

People assume you don't have enough life experience yet, but it's also a cultural thing. Where I live, it's very common for people to be married and starting families at 18.

Best Answer