might1247 might1247 51-55, F 15 Answers Feb 24, 2011

I thinks it happens because cruelty is a cover up for their own unhappiness. life's disappointments, dislike of themselves..and then some people made that way through early childhood experiences. .. that's my theory .

Best Answer

People today tends to be selfish and also stressed.There are still many who are compassionate.Like you and I and many on EP.

Best Answer

I like people like you and thanks for that answer I think it was the best

Best Answer

There is, it's just harder to find.

Best Answer

people are pretty mean and most folks are only out for themselves now no one says sorry or excuse me or anything...

Best Answer

I think people in general are stressed out. Or immature. Or trying to be numb. They are striving to survive or to keep up with the Joneses. They are worried about image and keeping themselves safe, which includes putting up walls around their emotions. And I think some people don't want to care because it hurts too much. There are so many problems....so many things to tear your heart out. And that doesn't even have to include all of the things that go on in one's personal relationships. So, in this age of materialism and lost faiths and narcissism, people have started to have other priorities. For whatever reasons they have, compassion isn't encouraged. Focus is elsewhere. Most of the institutions that once encouraged it....including, unfortunately, the family....are dissolving or becoming mercenary and dysfunctional.

But there ARE people out there who are still compassionate. Hard as it is, there are people who still choose to care about things and do what they can....even if a lot of it seems futile. They keep their eyes on the good that is possible.

:)

Best Answer

It's a way of taking out their frustrations on others. They themselves may have been victamised. Having no one else to turn to, where else is there, but to those that are vulnerable?

Best Answer

It must be a sign of the times.

Best Answer

People, each person to a certain degree, do derive pleasure from causing pain to others. It's a sociopathic feature that's particular of pretty much every one, these days, because of the cruelty of life in general. Just think of what it's like to learn new things in school. Many things involve cruelty. It would be really great, if some genius could figure out a way to stigmatize cruelty, so people would be a little more self-conscious of it, even if they have an unbearable desire to perpetuate cruelty in order to get an adrenalin rush. Non-cruelty, for instance, has been stigmatized, where cruel people intentionally make others feel inadequate when they act in a nice, kind and harmless manner, by suggesting that they are simply uncool, uninteresting or cheesy. Cruelty is a sign of a psycho pathology, and is absolutely disgusting!!!

Best Answer

i do believe there are so many unhappy angry people more today then any time in history.It seems like it has taken over the world.It is sometimes frightning.I look at peoples faces when I shop it is so sad.My heart sings with happiness when I shop and I think what's with them?

Best Answer

Absolutely true.I would like some examples where cruelty is EVER more helpful than compassion.How can that be right?Isnt it this attitude thats responsible for the ever growing cruelty in this world?I do not believe it is true in the vast majority of cases,and definately not so as implicated by "usually".Compassion is a higher emotion than cruelty or sadism,and if it were more commonplace the world would be vastly improved by it.I see cruelty on a scale very few are aware of existing,and it happens daily right under their noses.If you are really worried about what is taking place covertly in countries across the world,enter "gang stalking"in search.I give my word these things are happening.I cannot begin to understand how anyone can ever condone the evils being conducted under this guise.

Best Answer

I am not cruel....

I only pull the hair and spank the *** of the women who like that...

If she wants to gag on it...that is her choice....and I will oblige her....

Because I am a giver.....

Compassion is over rated....is it even real?

Do babies have compassion?

You don't have to change the world....just live it....

And be real to what you really want.....as supposed to trying to be good...

or this or that.....How much of it, is you just being you? Or has it just become second nature now?

Best Answer

Tough love. Cruelty is usually more helpful than compassion.

Best Answer