We may be working shît jobs now, but how do you know were not working our way through school? I bust my áss every damn day, and one day I'm going to be really damn successful, bītches.
dejaentendu90 dejaentendu90 22-25, F 26 Answers Aug 13, 2012 in Community

People are total idiots. The people who give you a hard time probably have had every good thing to ever happen to them happen by chance and circumstance that was completely out of their control.

Best Answer

the longest post ever by the cylon....

Best Answer

haha ikr I'm shocked, think this question snapped a nerve. :)

Best Answer

Many think their toiletries are gold wrapped before they flush and never had to learn what earning a true dollar is

Best Answer

I love this answer

Best Answer

I, for one, do not judge them. I try to be polite and very respectful to them (and everyone else). I've worked in retail for over 20 years and know what it's like to work in the public. I know what it's like to be treated like nothing more that a “slave" by ingrates... I mean customers. They certainly don't treat their families the way they treat us (if they did they'd be in jail).

Best Answer

Because some people don't realise that honest work is honourable regardless of how humble they may think the task is.

Best Answer

Not me...I have very high respect for people handling my food...if I get the wrong order I make it out like it's my fault whether it was or not. People that work at those places have more power than they know. no joke :)

Best Answer

Because they think restuarant people are the low end of the food chain and can't get jobs anywhere else. I believe if you treat people in restaurants badly, they may leave nasty things on your food before they serve you. :D

Best Answer

I haven't really experienced that. But then again I'm lower middle income and I live in a really impoverished neighborhood where most people are happy to land food service jobs if they can get them. We can't afford to look down our noses at a job. Work is work.

Best Answer

Probably because THEY have never worked in that industry and have no idea how hard you work. <br />
Anyone who had ever had that kind of job would not be so disrespectful.

Best Answer

I am not judgmental about the job; although I am often disappointed with the service I get. <br />
I have no room for judgment. I am a cleaning lady. I clean up after other people. Look after their kids, and clean their homes. Why would I judge anyone else for the kind of work they do.

Best Answer

Because for all those who are making a half-decent living (A good server or driver in the right place will out-earn management.) and are good at their jobs, or for whom a foodservice job is merely a transition to something better, there are those who are working foodservice because they are unfit to do anything better, and frankly some that aren't fit to work foodservice. <br />
It takes a functional team to provide good service (A delivery driver, for example, cannot deliver his orders on time if the address is wrong, the phone number is wrong, management understaffed on drivers, or the kitchen is too slow to make orders.), and one incompetent/lazy/rude individual, an inevitability given high turnover and low wages, reflects poorly on the rest of the staff. It's easy for those prone to jumping to conclusions to conclude that badly running stores are staffed entirely by clueless morons.

Best Answer

Its par for the course. Whenever you work in some type of retail business, customer's will treat you like sh!t. That whole "Customer's always right." motto is stuck in their head. Customer's think you should kiss their *** to make any sale. I come across it everyday.

Best Answer

those are individuals that are miserable with themselves and feel some sort of satisfaction by putting others down. Don't sweat it. Not everybody thinks like that. Been there myself.

Best Answer

snobbery. worked my way through university and saw all that stuff myself - just think how you're going to be in a much better place than them in a few years time.

Best Answer

wheres my sandwich?... oo

Best Answer

are we at HOOTERS

Best Answer

YOUR the one that is judgmental as you have posted this question<br />
If your working for a living then well done

Best Answer

Those people have no concern and knowledge of what food workers have to go through. <br />
I feel that things may reverse if food workers become so rich and successful while those judgmental, ignorant people do become broke, lonely, homeless, etc.

Best Answer

I'm not sure what you mean. I can tell the difference between someone that is there to work their way through school and people that have just given up because life's too hard. Unemployment is 15% where I live. 15% unemployment and you can't get competent people?<br />
Let's face facts. What happened is a worldwide, global depression brought on by fat cats on wall street making to much money on liar loans. The liars lost their homes, but a lot of people that were honest hardworking people lost their jobs too. Businesses are concerned about their next quarterly report rather than the long term success about our nation.<br />
In the 1930's, people went door to door offering to do handyman work or unskilled labor for food. People had pride. Now everyone has gotten fat and lazy. You can get $20 an hour for picking fruit, 200 dollars a day for a 10 hour shift, but we have fruit rotting because people are too lazy.

Best Answer

you must be talking about the OWS people. but they think any work is beneath them so they don't count.<br />
I've worked in the restaurant business for over 20 yrs and it is a great way to work your way up or pay for those extra things while going through college. I live in a 2 college town and will say I would hire anyone to be a manager who did work in the business and put themselves through school before anyone else as they have the ethics we are looking for.<br />
Besides most servers I know make more then a manager can.It is far from being a "****" job

Best Answer

Well, Life, I have seen very obviously wealthy people treat waitstaff like dirt. It's more than just being mean to the waitstaff; it's combined with contempt for them and their position. (After all, people are rich because God favors them, right?)

Best Answer

i'm not. i'm a cook. the only thing that worries me is that you make it seem like you're better because you're working your way through school. there are lots of people in that business because it's what they do and it's all they'll ever do. i hope you don't look down on them.

Best Answer

No, I don't. Honest work is honest work. I didn't mean to sound that way.

Best Answer

i didn't think you did, and trust me. i know how hard you work.

Best Answer

Is someone feeling a bit down today? Give me a break. Smile and give good service and the customers will judge you pretty well.

Best Answer

I am the best at customer service. Because when I'm super nice they feel bad for being jerks and are nicer next time.

Best Answer