I used to work in a large Walmart store, a lady would come in at least once a month returning items. She took in stray cats, and explained that she would run out of money before the end of the month and needed more cat food so she would return items she didn't need right away. One of her biggest problems was that neighbors knew she was very compassionate towards stray cats and they would dump unwanted cats or kittens on her yard where they stayed till she rescued them. The word got out and more cats were dumped. She told me she tried very hard to give away the cats and kittens but it was getting overwhelming. Why do people do this instead of being responsible for their own pets?
CherokeePatti CherokeePatti 56-60, F 6 Answers Nov 23, 2012 in Hobbies

Sounds like the local population found a "patsy"....at least they could donate to her cause...not w/cats, but "cash" especially from mid-month to the end...such a wonderful soul....

Best Answer

Thanks CP....

Best Answer

I read a story that last week, a woman who loved cats found over 20 the their owner had left when she moved. She fed them, and had neighbors to each take a day until the following day Monday. She was finding homes for them. When the person came on Saturday to feed them, they all had been shot , many in the eyes, and rectum. It was so sad, my daughter earns money doing chores, and donates to those who take in unwanted animals. I cried when I read the article. What would cause people to be so mean. Our city has places for these animals, they all are spayed or neutered. The local PetSmarts have A orginazation called "Homeward" bound that takes them in for people to adopt. The local veterinarians do all their services for free.

Best Answer

Wow that lady sounds so nice <:-D I would so try to help her!

Best Answer

And those ppl who were dumping cats on her yard should burn on he_ll!!!

Best Answer

My late mother was a bit like that, maybe not as bad. She did sometimes give the cats a bit of best fish and meat instead of cat food

Best Answer

The crazy cat lady on my street is mean to me

Best Answer