Why try to prove what u really don't believe?
IMAGINATIONATWORK IMAGINATIONATWORK 36-40 24 Answers Jun 16, 2012

I'm not an atheist but I do like the discussions in that group. Lots of non-atheists coming and arguing vehemently for thier views. I haven't seen that from the atheists when I browse the Christian and other religious groups. I recognize probably 10 or so screen names from each side that like a "spirited" debate- pardon the pun- and 3 or 4 from each that are a bit more than spirited.

What I get from the atheist view for the most part, is not that they are trying to prove that god DOESN'T exist, but that bible quotes and associated histories don't qualify as PROOF of god for them. That is just my general observation of most of the arguments.

Best Answer

It really makes me ******* pity humanity when:

"Proof that god exists" gets 10,800,000 results on Google

but

"Proof that lady gaga is a man" gets 52,900,000 results on Google.....

Best Answer

I think religion symbolizes hypocrisy, ignorance and oppression in a lot of people's minds. Instead of facing those problems they instead focus their energies on religion itself.

Best Answer

Because people want want quick easy fixes to problems.They don't believe in God because when they pray or if they do and don't get exactly what they expected ,then they believe it must be a sham!

Best Answer

coz some moron believers provoke them..and pressure on them to believe on god

Best Answer

I dont believe in god and I dont try to prove he doesnt exist, If somebody who believes tries to convince me that he does then yeah i will give my views right back, however i dont just randomly preach NO GOD whenever i can, could the same be said of believers? no, a fair proportion of them will happily try and force their beliefs on others.

Best Answer

Are they? Well, it's better than being satisfied with hearsay.

Best Answer

i dont try to prove anything..i believe in something...just not so much the thought of your typical christian god...dunno why... just never felt it

Best Answer

the key is - i believe. what means - i don't need proves of existence of God. because it's a faith, not physics. your opponent doesn't have enough education to understand what "believes" and "evidences" from very different places.

Best Answer

Look, even if you use the whole energy of the universe you wont be able to create a chain of protein but our body is constantly making protein...so how is it possible? Ofcourse there is someone there who is doing it. Its God, the Almighty, the Most Merciful & Compassionate.

Best Answer

People do that because they're mainly sad about something thats happened in their life. Childhood trauma's, death in the family, or maybe they were just brought up differently and/or never looked into it. Or maybe they just havent experienced God. I know that sounds a bit weird but people know when they feel it. But you know, thats my take on why they try to prove God doesnt exist. I feel bad for them, honestly.

Best Answer

The ones that do are not comfortable in there unbelief.

Best Answer

LOUD NOISES

Best Answer

Wow. This one of the best questions I've read on EP!

Best Answer

I think it's just knee-jerk reaction to the other side, you know, those people at the opposite extreme of the pole. I've seen both side, and in my opinion they do like to defend themselves. I choose to stand in the middle-ground, so I don't try to prove if God(s) exist(s) or not, but all I know is that at present time, it's all about different viewpoints. Sad how people fight all the time about things like that, right?

Best Answer

i like this question, and when something happens... they blame it on god. who according to them doesent exist. personally i think theyre scared of the possibility of a God... cos that means theres a heaven and a hell <- and thats something they dont wanna think about.

Best Answer

I don't believe in god, I have no problem with those that do, unless they try and enforce their beliefs on me. I have no desire to either prove to anyone he doesn't exist, nor to try and convert them to my view point.

Best Answer

Because it's an effective main argument used against atheists ("can you prove he DOESN'T exist?"). If they manage to find a way to counter that question scientifically or conclusively answer it outright, they'd be able to sleep more peacefully at night and eliminate any lingering doubt.

Best Answer

What blows me away is that most athiests complain and complain and complain about people who believe in God, and they are so bitter about it! I'm like... relax... breathe... it's okay that you don't believe. But the fact that you're trying shove your athiesm down *my* throat is no better than Christians trying to shove their beliefs down yours. Some of them are quite the hypocrites.

Best Answer