veralynn veralynn 26-30, F 34 Answers Jun 2, 2012

Americans love to be offended, it makes them feel that they're moral and upstanding when actually they're just angry.

Best Answer

I think it is as inalienable right of motherhood to attend to the nurture of her offspring. I don't think as many people are offended as the media seems to be reporting and making it an issue of it.

Best Answer

only the conservatives believe it's wrong

Best Answer

I've seen plenty complain about it being a "beautiful, but private thing between mother and child". So more Christians than you might think object to it being done in public. It also occurred to me, most of the objections to women openly breastfeeding in so-called "third world" countries have traditionally been voiced by Western Christian Missionaries. So not only have Christians objected, they've felt free to spread their attitudes about it worldwide.

Best Answer

Beats me! And SOME of them are the same ones who want to shove pictures of aborted fetuses into other people's faces, regardless of age. Go figure....

Best Answer

Like several have stated; the female breast has been so sexualised in American society many have lost sight (so to speak) of their original purpose.

Best Answer

Coverup something that is natural. Try drinking a glass of milk under a blanket not so easy. Get's mighty hot under a blanket.

Best Answer

Because women are so highly sexualized that even a mother feeding her child is deemed a fetish.

Best Answer

I really think only stupid people are. It's natural. I don't think it should be done places there shouldn't be babies though. I do think women should be discrete so as not to offend those against bare breasts but they shouldn't be asked to go in nasty bathrooms to feed their child.

Best Answer

I'm not American and I'm disgusted.

Best Answer

why are you disgusted?

Best Answer

Who's offended? I find it charming. I'm all for public display of **** for any reason.

Best Answer

no is it always charming.

Best Answer

Always. I can't think of any inappropriate display of breasts. Especially ones of child-bearing age.

Best Answer

Because many Americans have been fed a line of crap so long by certain organized religions (What exactly is an unorganized religion?) and certain political groups who feel it is their God given duty to tell you how to dress, act, speak, etc.

Best Answer

Sometimes envious of the baby but am not.

Best Answer

Americans have a skewed sense of the human condition perhaps.... In other parts of the world if you dont breast feed your baby it will not live... in america you can get foodstamps and buy formula at the very least.

Best Answer

Many of the people who don't think it "proper" to breastfeed in public, also don't believe in food stamps or public assistance.

Best Answer

I for one am not offended. It is a very natural thing to do, if done discretely and without being a distraction.

Best Answer

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Best Answer

Europe....where they do nothing but breastfeeding on the street

Best Answer

Only Americans hate breastfeeding?..

Best Answer

Way too many prudes and not enough common sense on their part.

Best Answer

It's a mystery to me.

Best Answer

Dont know but if ibpop em out, people are gonna look!! Lol

Best Answer

Makes women look like cows instead of sex symbols. Ruins the whole look of a woman. Well pregnancy did that but breastfeeding aint helping.

Best Answer