I don't know. That is one of the few things my husband HAS done to show he cares about me. When my doctor said I shouldn't be on the pill anymore because of my age and having diabetes, my husband manned up right away.

Best Answer

now that's a great response... :0] good for you!

Best Answer

oh c1dude. swallow some c4 and do a few jumping jacks okay you wacked out hypocritcal zealot?

Best Answer

When I had the operation it was done so fast my wife thought I was bailing. I had to convince her it was done. Testosterone level dropped somewhat afterwards. Dr. said it was the vasectomy. Had I known that I might not have gone through with it but overall, mostly painless, and saved the wife going through whatever it is they do.

Best Answer

you're an everyday hero, in my book!! :0] thanks for sharing your story!

Best Answer

SHHHH... c1dude... if you say that too loud the men with the funny white jacket will come and take you away...

Best Answer

For several reasons...<br />
I must admit that I think the fear of pain and thought of an incision to their so called "jewels" is the most obvious reason-getting them to admit that, is another story.<br />
Besides that, I'd say it is a control issue. They have been convinced that beyond a "sheath", they think that it is a woman's responsibility and refuse to relinquish control of their bodies, no matter how good a cause.<br />
Egotism is the other reason-knowing they HAVE the ability to father children is considered parallel to their "manliness" .<br />
Selfish under many circumstances, if you ask me!

Best Answer

wow, very well put and as thorough as you ever are, fetish! thanks for the response... :0]

Best Answer

TY so much. It has been a while since I've been on EP and cannot tell you how heartwarming it was, to once again, see the level of consideration you put into responding to your answers.
I also wanted to apologize for not paying more attention to the valid points you brought up and elaborating more,but knew you'd realize that most men would argue the validity of them anyway. Have a great holiday!

Best Answer

I wasn't. Why would I want to make the lady who bore my child suffer when she had carried out child ... then ten days later we lost him. How could I possibly chance her gettting pregnant again when it was her greatest fear?<br />
But it shouldn't take this. I don't think a lady should have to keep taking chemicals for goodness knows how many years when she doesn't intend to have any more children .. this was the real issue with me, so I had a vasectomy. But to balance this up ... Relationships seem to come and go these days and I often wonder if it's the mans fear of breaking up and finding himself in anothe relationship where the woman wants a child which he couldn't have *if* he had the vasectomy.<br />
There are the two sides<br />
~F~<br />
~F~

Best Answer

could be. that's a valid point... however many who stay married will encourage their woman to do it even though it's costlier, more dangerous and much more permanent.

Best Answer

I entirely agree. I just put in the variable of where a man may well put off having a vasectomy if he isn't in a stable situation. That was my only hiccup on the topic. Other than that? I would certainly say that guy should do his bit

Best Answer

*bows* we need more men like you. too bad you didn't have a whole brood of little younguns so that you could pass on your healthy attitude. *wink!*

Best Answer

beats me …. I did it years ago …. smartest move I made.

Best Answer

*cheers* to the brave few!! :0]

Best Answer

I had mine after my ex had our 2nd child. wet to the vet. He did his thing and went to work. but it kept me outa the saddle for a week or 2. LOL I am meaning both horse and her's..

Best Answer

nice goin' cowboy!

Best Answer

I do not have to worry unless there is a way to git yer hand preggles?!***looks scared***O.O

Best Answer

*giggles* ...you just never know Hauntsy!!

Best Answer

****CHECKS PALM FER SWELLING****I am gewd!hehehehe!

Best Answer

Not all men ARE. (raises hand)<br />
Gettin pretty much the responses you expected? How bout at home?<br />
(grins)<br />
(usual dumbass look on his face)

Best Answer

i would change the emphasis to say, "not all MEN are!" :0]
and yup! pretty much what i expected!! all's quiet on the homefront. :0]

Best Answer

Probably because they think the world needs even MORE children than are already on our overcrowded planet, and also that perhaps the world just cannot get by without their oh-so-special *****!!!

Best Answer

thanks for making me giggle this morning.... :0]

Best Answer

I'm allowed the duties of a Mohel / Brit Milah But thats as far as it goes with my faith .

Best Answer

i see. thanks for sharing... :0]

Best Answer

Your welcome , Certain cultures will not allow it to be done as it is looked upon as mutilation to the extream .

Best Answer

Ohhhh...I love tattoos!!!

Best Answer

do you have any on your... aw, nevermind. wrong forum.

Best Answer

LOL....

Best Answer

I think most men are just very sensitive about having any type of "surgery" in that region. God know's I am. :-) Just thinking about it makes me cringe. Yikes.

Best Answer

but as you point out, vasectomy is not "surgery" ... also, women are equally sensitive about having surgery "in that region" only getting tubes tied is an actual, bonafide surgical procedure which is much more costly, much more dangerous for the woman and irreversible. it seems a little bit selfish and irrational to me.

Best Answer

Erm....How is it not surgery?

Best Answer

it's an outpatient procedure. you don't get put under with anesthesia.

Best Answer

K , fair enough. I understand your point. Guess I am paranoid enough about STD's to not have unprotected sex.

Best Answer

It is surgery. I have seen it done. If you saw the huge needle they use to anesthetize the area at the base of the scrotum you would faint! It is less invasive than a tubal ligation, but at least the woman gets the benefit of being put under. Men are fully awake, yikes!

Best Answer

Thank you! Please explain this to Woobie. lol Oh and good luck with that. :-)

Best Answer

Believe me, it's surgery! The doctor cuts out the tubes and shows them to the man. We didn't want any more children and didn't like the pill, surgery for her was much more complicated so six months after our second child was born, I had the procedure. Recovery was a week or so and for the next several years my sex drive was in overdrive.

Best Answer

ai yi yi people.... vasectomy is an outpatient procedure requiring only LOCAL anesthetic. if you WERE completely knocked out you would be seeing neither a needle nor tubes. right? thank you. and lou... so glad to hear the procedure upped the sex drive!!

Best Answer

I got one after 8 kids. Only if i found out about it sooner.

Best Answer

:0] attaboy!! :0]

Best Answer

38.... and it only took 2 years to get the ()**(#$)&^#&$()* doctors to finally do it

Best Answer

two points for persistence!!! :0]

Best Answer

They ticked me off.I had to remake appointments 2 times with them spaced out over 13 months. Then they had me at teh clinic and said the doctor had left for the day. Finally on teh day itself the doc was making sure with me and I told him I was ticked BIG TIME about it all. He then started talking about 50 + men coming back and wanting to be unfixed. I told him if they came back have them go see a shrink to see why they don't want to be alive to see kids 18th birthday.. he finally started up the chainsaw after that

Best Answer

I can't speak for all men, only myself. I am considering one right now as my wife has turned 40 and our years of child bearing are no more... too risky. I am going to the consultation but not sure if I will actually have the procedure. I have being doing a lot of research and there are a few things that disturb me. <br />
The British Journal of Medicine has publised research stating that between 5-30% (several studies with different results) of all men develop a condition called PVPS - Post Vasectomy Pain Syndrom. This can be a debilitating chronic pain of the testicles for life. As well, 80-90% of men develop an auto immune response to thier own *****, with a small number of men having serious complications from that. There are a few other issues however, the main point, it is not as risk free as was thought before and most men and their partners are not told of the true risks when they consent to the surgery. <br />
To make a point too, they say it is reversable, however, all the literature says to consider this permanent as reversal is not very successful, very painful and very costly. <br />
Hopefully my urologist has some good information for me during the consultation, as it would be great to have this option rather than anything else. But I won't take the risk to my body if I am not satisfied with the results of the consult. I would not pressure my wife to have surgery either has I do not want her to take those risks as well. There are other safer methods we could use that are certainly less convienient, but still effective. <br />
My two cents anyways.

Best Answer

Why go through all that pain if you might reverse it in the future?

Best Answer

i had it done rigjt after my third child was both with spinal bifada :( she's doing ok now :) but we didn;t wanta take a chance of having a nother one :( my 2 boys were both born ok

Best Answer

Took me three years to get my vasectomy, I researched everything to the nth degree. 13 months post vas and everything is great. My fear was I had a 'system' that provided me great pleasure and I did not want that to change.

Best Answer

When I was 23yrs I had it done.

Best Answer

First this questions Dumb. Second if you had a Penis you wouldn't need to ask. To know why we don't line up for it is its like a Man taking Piano Wire to your Private area sewing it up so ALL you can do is Pee? Kinda draws the picture. A Man enjoys sex Women use it as a Trap or Game? Men use Sex to relax. & relieve Stress .

Best Answer

i see that the second wave has hit. no worries, though. it's expected since it takes all of you a bit longer to read the question. *ahem* ....AND NEXT!!

Best Answer

I have Tattoos four to be exact/Do you have a Penis? Then how do you know about what we go thru? You ever had Blue Balls been kicked in your Boys? Ever experienced a Ragin Hard on do to being Teased by some dumb as Girl/Woman? When I get what you got we can talk till then YOU DON'T KNOW ****.

Best Answer

PS. Why do you even care about our Junk? Its NOT YOURS we aren't in bed with you? MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS?

Best Answer