I have long hair, too, but not super, SUPER, super long, like I've been seeing lately, so I was just curious.
charmz charmz 31-35, F 17 Answers Nov 23, 2011

Why on earth would a young woman care about the length of an older womans hair,and what should people do when the get older,hmmm, get old or die those are the choices, give me a minute ...

Best Answer

Innit, so true, why would that be grandly important in the scheme of things anyway?

Best Answer

gone are the days when women go all dykey up top after 50.

Best Answer

Long hair in the mating ritual is considered "good health, and fertile woman." Men subconsciously take this into consideration when choosing a mate. Hence why most men prefer long hair.

Native American's believe that when you cut your hair you are destroying good energy with in you. They hold long hair as scared and only when tragedy occurs do they cut their hair, to rid them of bad energy and renew their spirit.

Best Answer

I don't know but I personally think long hair is sexy.

Best Answer

I'm old fashioned, I admit; but I love to see a woman with long hair. I get so fed up seeing women with men's haircuts. It makes me wonder if women today are embarrassed at being female.

Best Answer

exactly, I am a very old fashioned kind of girl in many ways, and whether people like that or not about me I do not really care. I think there are more important things going on in the world to be concerned with.

Best Answer

I am 52 and just chopped my shoulder length (Afro grown out) of 30 years because I was sick and tired of looking like I was stuck in the 70's. Whatever hair length one chooses is a personal thing - not something to "age them by"

Best Answer

I like long hair, long enough to make those fun handlebars. Though I am not a fan of any heir longer than the waist. I like looking at ***. If they like it though and they do it for them it's groovy by me.

Best Answer

Nope Old Is Old...Cant Reverse Dem Wrinkles...Whats A Wig Gone Do?

Best Answer

I dunno, but it looks awful on a lot of them. It's dry and scraggly and makes them look desperate, like they're trying so hard to be 18 again. Also, it drags their faces down. when you see an older women with really long hair, it's like it doesn't "go". It's like seeing a really masculine guy wearing a pink barret in his hair. It's like whaaaaat? The face and the hair don't match, and it causes confusion in the brain. What the heck is wrong with these women just "being their age"? Are they admitting their age is "bad"? That's what it seems like! Own your age ladies - rock it - make it unique. Don't try to make it something it's not.

Best Answer

I'm 53 and my hair is about waist length. I've had short hair, but for most of my life, it has been long. I'm just used to it. I haven't gone grey yet, so for me, I'm just enjoying having long hair, in my own colour, for as long as I can. When it starts going grey, I'll probably cut it shorter. Until then, I'm just enjoying it. Yes, I probably do look younger with it shorter, but I just enjoy having long hair. It's only for me.

Best Answer

Yea, sometimes a shorter more face framing style might actually make them look younger, that's true.

Best Answer

Just good wigs, cause they are bald.

Best Answer

Well my super long hair is very real!

Best Answer

In the Bible it says that a woman's hair is her glory. I take it it refers to how long they wear their head hair!

Best Answer

Heck Yeager! My hair is 6 inches from my waste. I am 55 years old. I've tried the short hair way. And my daughter & I agreed it was a disaster. I straightened it to make it look longer. But I didn't like the relaxers. I'm Puerto Rican & have always had coursed hair like my dad.

Then my daughter told me about the Keratin Treatment two years ago. And I ran to the salon. I've never worn my hear out so much in my life. People can't believe my age when they ask me. And yes I've been carded a couple of times and hit on by younger men. All natural. No chemicals. You wash, blow dry and flat iron if you care too. I don't. Because it's straight. I don't know if I can say where. But I will. I go to the Hair Cuttery in my town. Cost: $200 depends on length, includes special shampoo &conditioner & yes, a great tip. Be Leary of the places that will charge high prices. It's the same product. I feel so much better. I haven't worn a braid since my first treatment. Love it.

Best Answer