I am a feminist and I believe most people are but don't realize it. Feminism according to the dictionary is the belief in equal rights for women as well as the right to choose one's path in life free from gender restrictions. There is nothing about it that is hateful or bigoted against men. Some people tell me its evil! How can that be? How can something that has secured human rights for half the population possibly be evil? When did feminism become such a dirty word and such a vile concept?? I love men and I am a feminist, I just happen to believe that I should enjoy the same rights and freedoms that men have always enjoyed. Whats wrong with that??
gumshoejane2 gumshoejane2 36-40, F 37 Answers Nov 25, 2011

Ignorance. The radical idea that men and women are equal is too much for them to handle. I have been on EP and you are the first feminist I have met. I am in the process of looking for my copy of The Female Eunich to reread.the political becomes the personal

Best Answer

Because it's a lie, it's a very alluring lie which is why it's so dangerous. Feminists want you to believe that they are responsible for the quality of life you have now and that you should be oh so grateful to them. They are extremely clever people that have thought up some really convincing lies. The biggest lie is that feminism began with the 19th century suffragettes when really feminism wasn't really heard of until the 60's when women were out there waving their banners and convincing everyone that they were oppressed. The real suffragettes were family orientated women who had no desire to take the place of men or eradicate the nature of females. Modern feminists are not pro family, they are in support of self fulfilment "the right to choose" rather than moral obligation and the fight for the greater good and that kind of attitude only does harm to society and it's moral fibre which is why I am against it and yes.. offended by it. Have a read of this book... "The flipside of feminism" by Suzanne Venker and Phyllis Schlafly and open your mind :o)

Best Answer

I think the only ones threatened by feminism are insecure men. You go girls.

Best Answer

I'm a straight male feminist. The fact is, when there is a hegemony in place, when it is threatened those who uphold it will rail against the perceived threat. It's pathetic, really, but our society rewards such protectionism.

Best Answer

Because they are ignorant people who think that feminism wasn't really heard of until the 60's when intelligent people know it started in 1842 at a Seneca Falls, NY convention. They are people who choose to cling to the false belief that feminists are not family orientated women, and that they want to take the place of men or eradicate the nature of females, and that they are in support of self fulfillment when in reality many feminists are very feminine women who are wives and mothers who spend much of their time caring for their families, and showing great respect for good men, as well as good women, regardless of whether or not those good people are feminists. Those people who are against feminism only choose to believe the anti-feminist rhetoric they regularly hear even when it is shown to be false over and over. They are obviously very closed minded people who are against feminism because they have "issues" with intelligent, successful, independent women. They love to start groups, and join groups that are about hating feminists, and run around picking fights with feminists, trolling in the pro-feminist groups, making false accusations about feminists and feminism, and making comments that put feminists down, while arrogantly claiming they don't really care all the time. It is a well known fact that people often feel hatred for something simply because they feel intimidated by it and it makes them feel insecure. Anger and hatred are often ba<x>sed on nothing more than fear.

Best Answer

There is nothing wrong with it, and I'm glad we had those brave women who fought so hard to achieve all the rights we enjoy nowadays as women. But as with everything there are always a few people, who go over the top and spoil things for others. Having the same rights as men is fine, but some women want more and try to take advantage of their gender pushing things (and the law) too far, forcing males to have to defend and fight for their equal rights. These 'extreme feminists' cause the bad taste of the word I suppose.

Best Answer

I think you all should take a look at my stories "my favorite feminist quotes". At the very least you'll get an idea of why so many men and women are starting to turn their backs on the feminist movement. May even change your mind. Also take a look at some the stories from men and women in the groups i belong to.

Best Answer

Good idea, then be sure to check out the 6 mens rights activists on here and the stories they write, in particular check out the group MBTW MEN ARE BETTER ThAN WOMEN in which 75% of them belong.

Best Answer

I don't care much for that group either. See you i can agree on something.

Best Answer

Lack of intelligence?

Best Answer

To be a feminist yes that is a requirement

Best Answer

Because Feminism isn't about Equality. That's just the excuse Feminists pull out to protect the movement. If you really want to know what an organization is about, you should look at where it spends its effort, right? Where it directs its money? Well Feminism spends it on anti-male programs and lobbying, and pro-female legislation.<br />
http://www.weeklystandard.com/author/christina-hoff-sommers<br />
A lot of authors have written recently about how the movement was stolen by privileged, entitled, middle class white girls just looking for an even more comfortable lifestyle. So now what does Feminism stand for? It stands for **** Walk. It stands for broadening the definition of rape. It stands for supporting every little irresponsible whim middle and upper class college girls are concerned with.<br />
When it's not diverted into puerility it's used to elevate women at the expense of men instead of pursuing equality for the sexes. The leadership is entirely radicalized even if 90% of casual Feminists aren't.<br />
Recently, a number of attempts at talking about why boys and males have been behind at all levels of education since the 80s and if that might have something to do with why males are 4 times more likely to kill themselves, a majority of the homeless population, 80+% of workplace injuries, 90+% of workplace deaths, recieve 68% harsher prison sentences, and are a minority of highschool and college graduates have taken place at Toronto University. Each time it's been blockades and disrupted by Feminist groups. Sometimes going so far as to pull fire alarms to force people out of the auditoriums. They lurk outside the halls and scream and spit in the faces of anyone open minded enough to give the speakers a chance. Is this what you thought Feminism was? Because this looks and sounds like a Westboro Baptist Protest.<br />
http://youtu.be/Ko9i1_6oatk<br />
http://www.joshuakennon.com/the-warren-farrell-protest-at-the-university-of-toronto/<br />
You can look up the protests of Dr Warren Farrell and Diane Fiamengo if you'd like to know more. There's a lot of footage of the conduct of Feminists.<br />
And as a side note: They even tried to get the student union to ban any talks on the subject in the future. None of the content of the talks were anti-Feminist. As a matter of fact, Warren Farrell used to be a prominent Feminist before being ostracized for focusing his attention on the ways "Patriarchy" was claimed to harm boys and males. <br />
Turns out Feminists in academia don't care about male victims even when it occurs within the bounds of their ba<x>seless dogma. Making it clear they're more an anti-male group than a pro-female group. Which is still problematic. Imagine a white guy holding a sign saying, "I'm not anti-black, I'm just pro-white!" That's essentially Feminism.

Best Answer

There is nothing wrong with wanting equal rights!<br />
I get paid the same as the men at my work.<br />
I'm a teacher and I'd have a fit if were weren't paid equal wages for equal work.<br />
I'm a total alpha woman at my work - which is why I love being a submissive wife to my hubby. I know him well, and trust him completely.<br />
I need peace and quiet to recharge my batteries for the next work day.<br />
That is why he is in charge at home - so I don't end up doing everything and fighting all the time to get my way. My way has not always been the best way. What I didn't like about the hey-day of feminism was the emasculation of men. I like the differences between men and women - I have girlfriends to talk with - I don't need my hubby to be a girlfriend too! <br />
Hope this makes sense!<br />
Jack's Jill

Best Answer

Jill,
This makes perfect sense. Thank you for commenting!

Best Answer

First,feminism is dead...<br />
much like slavery in the U.S. yet still, there are those who hearken to old wounds and precepts demanding "justice" <br />
as a 34-40 yr old woman living in the United States your whining for" Feminism"? <br />
yet you have never suffered for your womanhood a day in your life! how are your "Rights" violated? you can't vote? or drive? own property? run for office? do anything you damn well please? your attitude is your betraying you!<br />
your so repressed in your high paying middle class Job that affords you any luxury your heart desires....cause "the Man" is keeping you down?<br />
Must be cause your a woman ! LOL

Best Answer

Feminism isn't dead at all, it will always be with us because it secures human rights and justice for women who otherwise would have none. Check out the many nations whom do not have feminism; Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia ect... women in these nations live as second class citizens.
I live in Canada by the way.
I know that I am fortunate to live in a nation that recognizes my right to equality and it is to Feminism that I owe this gratitude.

Best Answer

your assumed"oppression"at the hands of others is my issue. my foster mom was a staunch advocate of Equal rights for women..it who you attack and blame that I have issues with Yes the middle east is rancid with oppression its your attitude through out a number of post that gives your statements a acidic tone.preaching equal rights where you already have them is arrogant and offensive to those who actually suffered for right they don't enjoy. Not some whiny Westerner who's never suffered racism,sexism or prejudiced or felt hunger to the point of collapse. As a Veteran who been in places I didn't feel safe while wearing body armor and carrying a fully automatic weapon with a grenade launcher attached seeing men and woman starving,bleeding and inflicted with diseases and wounds suffered in their daily struggle to survive.your in-graciousness and lack of appreciation for what you have is disgusting and grotesquely offensive

Best Answer

You shouldn't assume things you don't know are actually true. I have worked for 2 companies that paid the female employees less than the male employees even though they held the same positions that the men did, worked the same hours, and did the same work just as well and sometimes better than the men did. They routinely promoted men over women even though many of the women had been working there longer, and had gotten better reviews than the men who ended up being promoted. I have also known women who worked for companies that scheduled the men to work more hours so that they could receive benefits, while limiting the hours the women worked so they could not. If you honestly don't believe that women are discriminated against look it up. You will see that discrimination and sexual harassment still occurs frequently and companies are sued for it, found guilty, and ordered to pay large amounts because of the unfair and unjust ways they treat women. And can we do anything we please - HELL NO! Most women will tell you that they are still often afraid to be out alone because they are more likely to be mugged or raped than men are. And human trafficking which involves trapping women in lives of misery has reached an all time high. They are often beaten, starved, and forced to work as prostitutes or to take grueling jobs as migrant, domestic, restaurant, or factory workers with little or no pay. Just because you may not know any women who have experienced this kind of thing you shouldn't assume it isn't happening. It is. Stop living in a fantasy world where all women are treated equally, and only have the same fears that men do.

Best Answer

Just because you have seen people suffer more severely than some people have, doesn't mean that people who haven't suffered as severely should just shut up and go away. If you don't like something that is happening to you do you just shut up because you have seen people who have had worse things happen to them? Obviously not because if that was the case you wouldn't be here writing the things that you are because you don't like what someone else has expressed. If you truly hate drama queens and liars quit acting like one yourself. Go find your "adult baby girl" that you can put in diapers, keep in a crib, roll around in a stroller, take to the park to play, feed baby food, and will show you to be the person you obviously are.

Best Answer

lol @ feminism = evil<br />
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6ucZsJQxbQ

Best Answer

I think people are afraid of change. it seems that there is this nostalgia among males about the 50's. the woman stay at home to care for the children. but women had no control over this arrangement. she now is accused of not propagating her race.

Best Answer

Like most things it is the more "Extreme" feminists who spoil it for the reasonable majority. I think that is common theme with many movements.

Best Answer

SCUM, Kill all the MENZ and all of Jo Anna Russ's written works. Oh heres something. Women attempt suicide more but they aren't actually trying to die they just want to make a radical change to their lives http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/1998/11/981112075159.htm men commit suicide on an average of 4-1yet all feminist have to say is well they sing "cry me a river" in obviously tone deaf squeak voices

Best Answer

Because those people can't conceive of power otherwise than 'power over' someone else.

Best Answer

I feel you Toots, but reality check: until men give birth or experience PMS or Menstrual Cramps, there is no equality to be had. Until men stop holding stuff in because they were taught it is 'unmanly' to be emotional or verbose, there is no equality to be had. Until more men are confident about what makes a man a man and don't feel emasculated by strong, confident, independent women, there is no equality to be had.....Cheers Mate.

Best Answer

hell yeah sis !!

Best Answer

I think far too much of the FACE of feminism is very pseudo-man.<br />
It is like right-wing Republicans calling themselves Christian.<br />
So much of feminism comes off like a verbal bitchslap.<br />
We use terms like Fight for Rights (warlike and a mainly male term)<br />
I am not sure I have a great answer or solution other than to say I think women should band together be very sexual and manipulative and reward men lavishly for doing what woman want i.e. be ethical, pick up their socks and learn how to cook without being asked.<br />
But with rocket scientists like Anita Bryant and Sarah Palin, there might be a long row to hoe.

Best Answer

Cultural ignorance. We form our opinions ba<x>sed on what we hear without question. There is a lot of crowd following in regards to feminism and I believe the problem is exacerbated when said crowds dredge up the worst radical feminist ideals and wrongly assume they represent all feminists. I often ask people "how do you know that?" and their usual response is "a feminist on tumblr".

Best Answer