Is this just an excuse for parents not doing a good job..or is it a real problem ? You see it all over, and just seems in the past you never heard of it .
limehouse limehouse 41-45, M 11 Answers Dec 25, 2013 in Health

The changing dinamics of society from a largely morally grounded and value minded society to a liberal, valueless one based on personal whim is largely the reason.

Best Answer

So like above parents have a huge role in this.. or their for the lack of.

Best Answer

Not necessarily, although that can be a big factor.

Best Answer

Pussification of America

Best Answer

LOL....

Best Answer

In my opinion there are a myriad of reasons. However, it seems that some are bullied because they do not fit in with others, they don't have the right clothes etc. Less quality time with parents which diminishes the family dynamic, usually due to over worked parents, long hours, two jobs, both parents having to work to get by.

Add to this the fact that due to the internet young people are more socially aware. But do not have the coping mechanisms to deal with everything they encounter. But these are just my opinions.

Best Answer

Very well put..thank you.

Best Answer

I think it's a combination of social issues plus something lacking in diets and chemicals in the environment including water & food.

Best Answer

Why didn't you hear of this years ago ?

Best Answer

Too much money being made by the psychiatrists, hospitals and pharmaceutical industry.

Best Answer

I believe this is part of it..they want us clueless.

Best Answer

Because so many teens are thinking they aren't good enough or pretty enough because they base beauty off of society and what they see on the media. Not putting into consideration almost all of these beautiful actresses and models have spent like three hours in hair and makeup and many of them in magazines have been photoshopped to look what society considers to be flawless and perfect.

Best Answer

Yeah, maybe for some girls and a hand full of guys. I guess I didn't think that teens now days are still that shallow . Maybe the small town I'm I doesn't experience that issue as much.

Best Answer

Too much idle time, no real responsibily, lots of time to wallow in self pity.

Best Answer

Actually is a very honest answer and probably a big part of it.

Best Answer

I think you have not looked far enough it is all ages depression and bipolar and it is inherited.

Best Answer

Being spoiled, not appreciating what they have, ****** diet and lack of exercise are all documented causes of clinical depression and all rampant in this country.

Best Answer

It's not just the young

Best Answer

Nope I get that, as you get older life changes and crisis kick in..but the young pre teens etc...so young should be little or no worries.

Best Answer

Peer pressure

Best Answer

Life overall is generally crap these days.

Best Answer

Yeah....but for teens, it can't be that bad.

Best Answer

Less crappy in terms of physical needs, more crappy in terms of moral atmosphere.

Best Answer