Tummytocker Tummytocker 51-55, F 11 Answers Jan 15 in Community

I for one hate it.

Best Answer

I can't even watch it and cover my eyes if something cruel or violent comes up.

Best Answer

I do not enjoy it but i do think it is important to show it in certain movies. Murder and violent deaths are generally discustingly gory in real life and most normal people would freak out or never forget if they ever saw the photos of real crime scenes etc. Shaun of the Dead is a very funny zombie movie with lots of hilarious gory moments done for fun with not a hint of malice or hate involved and many people enjoy seeing that. Now ignoring the gory horror comedies that are so over the top it is obvious its just made for fun or to show the special effects or cause some shocks. When it comes to serious drama or thriller or horror movies they should not hide the reality of the violence. It can be effective not to show it in some cases but other times by showing it they will create much more emotional impact. In this type of movie it is not being shown to make you feel happy or enjoy it, but to make you think about the fragility of life and the impact of violence. It is much less common for people to like seeing innocent people violently killed during a true or real life story for example saving private ryan. I dont think people were laughing during the opening scenes which showed very strong violence that happens during wars. People with legs blown off and blodied bodies all around and it definately made people think much more about what these people went through. Had they not shown this level of gore and violence most would agree the movie would not have had no where near the same impact. So really it depends on the type of movie and the seriousness of the films story.

Best Answer

I'd like to think most people don't like seeing it... I know I don't, and I wonder sometimes if we need to see in detail the ugly stuff to know what happened to keep up with the story. If the story includes a rape or grisly murder, I can get the picture without actually having to witness it.

Best Answer

Yeah, some sure do.

Best Answer

But why?

Best Answer

It's thrilling, I guess.

Best Answer

I think it is more than some so I guess so.

Best Answer

Some people have a sort of fascination for evil.

Best Answer

It's a form of mind control. Sad thing for people to subject themselves to.

Best Answer

I think so.

Best Answer

Everyone has their tastes, yes some people do enjoy that.

Best Answer

Yes they do, and they will pay good money.

Best Answer