IllusiveLittleMe IllusiveLittleMe 26-30, F 12 Answers Aug 4, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Insecurity, immaturity, and a need for control, for a start. If they're overprotective they're trying to control you and so aren't thinking about your feelings, just what they want. Not worth being with.

Best Answer

the bird in a golden cage.....does not work for me...freedom of personality+communication -exchange of ...nearly everything..protection when needed, also it could be a kind of -No-i do not like it....<br />
TRUST=FRIENDS.FRIENDS=RELATIONSHIP... and so on.....over-protection changes to often in "you have to do this...etc." only a matter of time when 1part BREAKS OUT.....

Best Answer

I know what you mean and sympathise. I mean a guy should ignore you; let you do anything you like and not give a damn. Its not as if he cares about you or anything. Honestly! Women! You cant win. :)

Best Answer

Let me do anything I like??!!
There is no letting involved. I am a person not an object. What I choose to do and not do is exactly that, my choice. And I think that there should be a level of trust that would imply these choices are made with the other person in mind at all times. There is this thing called trust, if you do not show that in the other person then you end up hurting them.

Best Answer

OK. Fair enough too. And what he chooses to do is be possessive about you. Maybe you picked the wrong guy.

Best Answer

They're insecure and afraid. If they don't realize it's too much, then they need help.

Best Answer

I guess, after reading all these comments together with your questions, you guy should have learnt his lesson? Good luck!

Best Answer

There are two reasons to be overprotective. The first is that you have managed to give them a reason to question something, be it in your actions, words, or something else. This is typically something you should figure out quickly with a little thought on it. <br />
The more likely scenario, however, is that they are just insecure, and the more overprotective they are, the more insecure they are. When a guy is being overprotective, it's the equivalent of him shouting to the heavens "I think this girl is way too good for me, but I'll fight anyone who tried to catch her attention. Keep watching me, because I know anyone around here is a better match for you."<br />
And I assure you, they are right.<br />
I've told a girl before that I thought she could find a better looking guy around easily enough, but I also made sure to point out that she would never find one that would be more faithful, loving, or trustworthy than me.<br />
The truth is, the moment I ever find myself feeling a need to be overprotective, is the moment I realize that I should step back and ask myself why I can't trust someone that I should love and trust above all others.<br />
This is the actual reason my first breakup ended badly, because she couldn't understand why I wasn't jealous of her new little prize. My love and trust are given freely to those I care for, but when you prove yourself untrustworthy, you prove yourself unworthy of me.

Best Answer

Do whatever you need to get away from overprotectiveness. You do not need to be hurt.

Best Answer

Some guys do it because some girls find it attractive. I know I wouldn't date someone I didn't trust, but if a girl found cocky arrogant over protective guys attractive, guess how I'd behave?

Best Answer

My boyfriends over protective about me talking to my ex's and going out places like carols by candlelight and beaches and stuff because he's had like 5 girlfriends that were real relationships and two cheated on him and one of them decided she would dump him because she found someone better and i guess thats what most guys are afraid of, they feel like you can do better then them and their afraid thats gonna happen and their gonna lose you, it's not that bad that guys are over protective they will calm down abit if you just show them that you will never cheat on him and that you love him not anyone else.. And as for the ex's their more afraid of them because you've dated them before so you would have a more likely chance of dating them well thats what they think and I guess its understandable but basically it's annoying yes but their really over protective because they love you and dont want to lose you..

Best Answer