I held the door open for many people while I was there and not one person showed any appreciation. I tried to speak to some and gave up. Even the older people were stuck up. I guess I expect people to have southern hospitality like I do.
BaddBree BaddBree 18-21, F 14 Answers Jan 7, 2013 in Travel

There are rude people everywhere, idiot.

Best Answer

I am not an idiot. I know rude people are everywhere. I was in New York and of the places I have traveled they were the most rude. I do plan on traveling more and then I will see if my opinion stays the same or if some other state houses more rude people than New York.

Best Answer

Thank You.

Best Answer

on behalf of all New Yorkers, thank you

Best Answer

there's rude people in every city/town/village...maybe people just disconnect. Maybe it's the pressure of life. Whatever, there's no excuse for it.

Best Answer

Rough city.

Best Answer

Many people in New York are pretty rude. I was born in the area and lived there three different times. They will always say they are not rude, just blunt, but really they're rude. Just enjoy the city for what it offers, but if you want to keep some semblance of courtesy and manners, don't live there. Just don't take the morons to heart.

Best Answer

Lets see - if you are referring to the city, most of Manhattan was flooded and Boehner and his friends have done jack to help them; 9/11, Rudy milked that - so I would be fairly pissed off also!

Best Answer

I didn't go to the city. My brother wasn't stationed in that part. I know they have had it rough though.

Best Answer

OK - what is this Southern hospitality you speak so highly of?

Best Answer

The kind that not all but many I know possess. Being polite and aware of people's feelings. Offering to help with things. Southern hospitality doesn't have to be in the south either. I received hospitality when I was in Wisconsin.

Best Answer

You need to do much more research before posting such a generality and trying to pin it on NY . IMO

Best Answer

I didn't like Chicago much more but at least the people spoke to me. It is possible the people in New York couldn't understand me. My accent isn't that strong though. I know there are rude people where I live and if someone had said it about where I live I would agree.

Best Answer

Don't forget- you are also 'just a kid' to many people,and teens,etc get dismissed,sometimes. Chalk it up to the differences between your deep south and northern metropolises.Visit both cities MANY more times and enjoy yourself! TY for your sincerity.

Best Answer

New York can be fun, but I'd lose my manners too if I lived there too long.

Best Answer

I did go there after Sandy but I wasn't in an area where it hit so although I blamed it on that it was just not true. Some parts of it were fun and it opened my eyes to parts I had never thought of when I pictured New York. The dairy farms for example.

Best Answer

Well you did the right thing,well done.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

people in general are rude. NY just seems to have them all in a confined space

Best Answer