To me its quite blatant when people are not feeling themselves and I can spot even when they are trying to disguise it. yet some people Just cant see it!!!! WHY!??!? and then when its hinted that someone may not actually be feeling very happy they talk to you as if you completely mad... when I KNOW!!! GRRRRRRR!!!
tyco313 tyco313 22-25, M 22 Answers Jun 5, 2009

Tyco - I think that is great that you are perceptive enough to sense when people are 'off'. Some people - either they are not tuned into how people feel, or feel that they do not have enough time, or do not want to be bothered with other's emotions... that is what I think.

Best Answer

I, for one, am completely clueless as to how someone else feels...After all, I'm not a mind reader. If someone doesn't come out and spit it about what's goin on, I'm lost. I'm not good at the whole "body clues", guessing games, or whatever people like to do to try to play win lose or draw emotionally....I am quite capable of giving a crap, provided someone actually tells me what the situation is..I hate, hate, hate, trying to guess....And I usually don't.

Best Answer

Simple answer: not everyone's mind works like yours.

Best Answer

Most people are too busy feeling what they're feeling to worry about what others are feeling. I happen to be overly aware of other people's feelings because I grew up feeling responsible for how other people felt. To the point that I don't know how I'm feeling! <br />
But that look they give you like you're crazy for implying that they might not be all that happy, might have more to do with the feeling that they are being invaded by your seeing through their disguise. If they wanted to share their feelings, they wouldn't be hiding them!

Best Answer

Bottom line: They don't give a rat's patootie.

Best Answer

Its true. There are some people who just don't pick up on non-verbal clues, or even specific tones of voices. Don't know what that's about. Lack of observational skills, maybe.

Best Answer

I would write something similar to what everyone has already said....but i find that that would be to give you the same answer in other words, and also the answer that I bet you wanted to hear when you posted this question. So, as one of those people who seems oblivious to other people's feelings, I will give you my very own, very personal answer, which can not speak for "people" as don't generalize, but It speaks for myself. The reason why is that if you or anyone else is the one feeling, I can't do anything, not even show some compassion or anything like that, unless i can feel myself. Is it cruel? I truly do believe so. It does however not mean that I can't feel. i do feel and I feel for who other people feel sometimes. but when i don't there's pretty much nothing i can or will do for that person in particular, not because i am a bad person, but because i experience and live life from my perspective from my very own place, and that perspective of life experience can only be felt from where i stand. So i am not surprised if other people can not feel what i feel just as i don't thing bad of myself when i don't feel or acknowledge what others are feeling. On the other hand though, I don't expect other people to acknowledge my feelings out of the blue, for 2 reasons, the first one being that i understand that what i just said as is true for me, can be true for anyone else, and the second one being that whenever i feel something I will must likely speak or let the ones involved know about it as decently as i possibly can because if i don't, they wont be able to ignore the fact that something is in my mind because it shows. so that is the answer i don't think you wanted to hear, but it's a fair answer and an honest answer i can give to your question, because i don't believe in repeating what everyone else said (not that there's anything wrong with it) just because that's what you are expected to say. It is in questions like these that people make judgments, and therefore, everyone gives the standard answer, why? because it is easier than risking looking a little less perfect, and bit more real. No offense to anyone.

Best Answer

Most people live in a me me me world......

Best Answer

Sensitivity especially in males is under appreciated. It may be maddening to know others just don't "get" it but I think that's their loss.<br />
Just go with what you feel and let others go their own way. You're gonna be just fine.

Best Answer

You are sensitive.Others may not be or don't want to get involved.Sad indeed. You keep up the good work of caring.Always try to make a difference.

Best Answer

some people are honestly oblivious. some just don't care. try not to judge. we all have problems, and it's only natural to think our own are more important than others'.

Best Answer

simply put, they choose to be oblivious. They have no vested interest, or are too caught up in their own lives. ~sighs~

Best Answer

I think that a lot of us are judgemental to other, we dont take time out to know the truth.

Best Answer

Why are insensitive people bitched at to be more sensitive to sensitive people? it would seem to me a counter-intuitive demand. It should be this way....sensitive people should be more sensitive to the insensitive people as they DO NOT have the ability to be sensitive and the sensitive people do.<br />
I am an insensitive person. It doesn't make me a bad person.

Best Answer

Sometimes people may be focused on issues or events happening in their own lives and can't really focus on others. Some people just don't like to get involved with other people's issues or problems and tend to stay out of it or ignore it as best they can. And others are just a little absent minded and can't pick out the hints that people give to suggest they aren't fine.

Best Answer