naturefreak1 naturefreak1 22-25, F 16 Answers Nov 4, 2012 in Health

I personally think (although I'm only semi-vegetarian-I find it near impossible to become vegan) that they all know that vegetarianism is the better choice, but find it very difficult to give up meat. I know because I'm not fully vegetarian myself (yet). I've only had one person be critical and make fun of me for being vegetarian-a man I dated for about two years (and he was a big meat eater). He claimed he'd fall over from weakness if he ate like me. Besides him, no one has bothered me about it.

Best Answer

People fear what they don't understand, and well ya know what Yoda said about fear.

Best Answer

I've actually witnessed more vegans and vegetarians being critical of what others eat than the reverse. There are many vegetarians and vegans around here and among my friends, as well as restaurants that cater to non-meat eaters. Some have the same attitude with meat eaters as they do with smokers.<br />
The only time it's been an issue for me has been while preparing meals for guests; I have to be a tad more creative with non-meat eating friends.

Best Answer

I actually like vegeterians and vegans.<br />
It is usually healthier to eat less meat for some reason people weigh less and live longer!<br />
However, appreciation easily goes down the drain when said vegan/vegetarian starts looking down on you for eating meat. Hey, I'm an animal...I'm in the food chain too and I love fish/ well done steak once in a while.

Best Answer

Because it's something that people don't understand and something that they don't think is "normal" whatever the hell that means people are very closed minded and probably always will be that's when I find someone open minded I appreciate them because it's so rare

Best Answer

I only get annoyed when they try to tell me I can't eat steak. I like steak. DO. NOT. TAKE.MY.STEAK.AWAY. -- I will cut your hand off and eat it instead.

Best Answer

Because a lot of vegans condemn people who eat meat.

Best Answer

I don't know. Personally, I don't really mind what people wish to eat or not to eat - as long as they tell me if they come over for dinner, so I can cook the right food!

Best Answer

i guess it's because they are very hard to cater for in a party or gathering cuz they usually don't understand what they actually eat

Best Answer

The veggies are so often critical and "in the face" of people who eat normal decent food. That "better than thou" attitude is rude and offensive.

Best Answer