Most janitors are way underappreciated. I am sorry you are, especially by those who command respect and appreciation for the jobs they do. Yours is every bit as important. Keeping things clean is a daunting task, and very few people want to do it, even for pay. Thank you for doing your thankless job.

Best Answer

Thanks- it's nice to hear a real thanks. And I'd be dumb if I didn't admit that there are soldiers who gave such thanks. So, thanks to them as well. Makes the job even a little better.

Best Answer

I am glad you do have some pleasant people around you. Yes, no matter what your job is, some people will not appreciate it. It's just that your line of work and those that are in it tend to be overlooked and taken for granted more than others. Take your rewards and compliments where you can get them, for that will make it much more bearable. :)

Best Answer

They probably think that real men are somewhere slaughtering civilians (including children).

Best Answer

Oddly enough, I'm nowhere near to being surprised at this thought process or answer.

Best Answer

The intent wasn't to surprise you. Cherry-picked Ayn Rand gets taught in military colleges like it's Christian gospel. Who's supposed to be surprised?

Best Answer