I don't care what people do with their clothes, they have the right to dress how they want. <br />
What does offend me is when they seek my approval for it and then get huffy when I don't give it. If a man walked down the street in a dress and hose, I wouldn't say a thing to him. But if he came up to me and asked, "Do you find this sexy? Do you think I look great?" I would reply, "No, it's not sexy, it's really a turn off. And you don't look great, you look ridiculous." And all their speeches about freedom of choice and historical dress and how the fabric feels won't change how I feel about it. And it's very rude to ask my opinion and then chide me for how I think.<br />
Cross dress if you want, it's your life and your choice. But if you ask me, don't get nasty when I give you my answer. <br />
I have a tattoo on my shoulder. If a stranger came up to me and said "Tattoos on women are gross and slutty," I'd be very offended, not by their opinion but by their intrusion in my life. But if I pulled down my shirt and said "What do you think of this?" they have the right to say it looks stupid, and I wouldn't be angry they said so. By asking I'm actually intruding on them. <br />
I never thought much about crossdressers until I joined EP. Now I've lost all respect for them because they cry for freedom of choice, but deny my freedom of choice to answer truthfully.

Best Answer

Well spoken, Miss. Bravo !

Best Answer

I agree. People can dress as they like, as long as certain body parts are covered in public. That includes men in nylons, people who wear trashbags, and even nightgowns and slippers if they want. And it is reasonable that if you ask someone's opinion, you should be prepared for honesty. That mentality that says "This is how I feel and I have a right to it" goes for people who are asked their opinions as well.

Best Answer

Damn, Katia... will you marry me ????

Best Answer

Maybe it's the way you say it that hurts their feelings. Would you respond the way you said you respond if a biological woman would ask you how she looked in her new outfit? Would you respond by saying no you look rediculous? Just curious. I mean when someone asks me my opinion instead of saying they look rediculous, I would give them suggestions like maybe a different color, or a different length, etc. Sometimes it's the way you say something that hurts people.

Best Answer

I seem to recall that J. Edgar Hoover was into it. I have always assumed that in many cases it is a fetish which does make it sexually related.

Best Answer

I tended to think so when I found out about heterosexual men doing it. Seemed simple. I am considering now that other reasons might exist too.

Best Answer

Actually, crossdressers come in different "flavors." In other words some do it for sexual excitement, some do it as a stress reliever, etc. J. Edgar Hoover was really gay but most crossdressers are married straight men. I myself am not a crossdresser but a transsexual. I don't walk up to a stranger and ask them how I look. I will give compliments and I will receive them but I'm not so bold as to go up to a stranger and ask them how they think I look. Now, if I'm with a friend and say I bought a new outfit, I may ask them what they think of my new outfit but that's a friend. That's different. By the way, you say "sexually related" but not sexual identity. Because like I said most crossdressers are straigh married men. Sexual identity would come under what sex a person is attracted. Gender identity has to do with what gender you most align.

Best Answer

I will answer your question with another question and the answer is what you are looking for.<br />
Why do straight woman like dressing in males clothes?<br />
For me its the feel.<br />
Male clothes are very boring if you ask me and I am supposed to have thick skin to handle the harshness of male clothes.<br />
Womans clothes are made for soft skin and I have lots of female friends that like me in a dress, so there.

Best Answer

I don't know of women who do specifically dress in "men's" clothes...as in things that are thought of as specifically for men, like men's briefs or suits or ties...though it's true, there aren't many things that are "just for men". Not so many as in a woman's complicated wardrobe. I have worn my dad's old shirts when i do yardwork...is that kind of what you mean? I wear them because they are lightweight and not clingy like most women's clothes. And they have pockets for what I need outside.

Best Answer

because its sessy. No the population of males who wear tight pants now is uncanny. I have indeed seen a man who wore a dress and heels ..i mean MANLY MAN, buff and balding. I love that freedom of choice. It makes me think "who really cares what anyone thinks" Everyone should always wear what they wear with confidence.

Best Answer

maybe they aren't really straight,none of my straight friends wear women clothes.

Best Answer

That you know of. You never know what goes on behind closed doors.

Best Answer

it's a sensory, tactile, emotional thing, it's fine with me if some guy wants to wear my Granny panties, I'm a free spirit that way.

Best Answer

I am more into undressing women in clothes............

Best Answer

Can we just call them cross dressers so I don't have to wonder about my straight man? <br />
I never knew this either lol

Best Answer

I hadn't known about it until EP. LOL (This can be an eye opening place.) Though I had heard of it in bisexuals...but not heterosexuals, unless it was to be funny.
O.O

Best Answer

Really? You have down your age to be between 41 and 45 and you have never heard of heterosexual crossdressers? That's hard to believe.

Best Answer

Not sure if you're talking to me or Tracky. No, I wasn't aware that there were straight guys who fetished on women's clothes or wanted to wear them for whatever reason. Not until 2009 or so, when I joined EP, and such men were on here.

Best Answer

Oh yeah, there's tons of us. <br />
Crossdressing, for me and a few others I know , is a form of relief and release. Just like women have their girlie days (me time) so do we. To me, it's not at all relaxing to be a male and just do nothing, i feel like I ALWAYS have to be doing something. When I am dressed up en femme, I can relax and I can enjoy my down time. <br />
I think the clothing, since women's clothing is generally softer and more fitted, we easily succumb to its seductive feel, just like women can enjoy lace, silk and nylon, so can we.<br />
Truly the only stress it produces is the fact that most or nobody knows we do it and are stressed that our loved ones or friends will find out.

Best Answer