maddieaz maddieaz 36-40, F 17 Answers Jul 1, 2010

I resent the implication....tut tut......sexist...

Best Answer

Boys neurological systems, do develop later, than girls....this is just the way it is...naturally. Puberty also hits females, at a much younger age...<br />
As we continue to add hormones, to produce our chickens,and meat industries, both sexes are now developing sexual maturity at a younger age... this has been studied, i don't have the info, so google it.<br />
there is much confusion, as to the physical needs of the child, and, their, development, neurologically, and, with the lack of a mental age, that should be coming as preprogrammed into our genes.....if you're lucky.

Best Answer

Your sure about that. Google your "facts" before you post them

Best Answer

Considering the female's earlier onset of puberty, and sexual maturation, I feel we must take into account the use of female hormones in our food supply. In 2005, 32.5 million cattle were slaughtered to provide beef for US consumers. Scientists believe about two-thirds of American cattle raised for slaughter today are injected with hormones to make them grow faster. Hormones are chemicals that are produced naturally in the bodies of all animals, including humans. They are chemical messages released into the blood by hormone-producing organs. Once in the blood they travel to and affect different parts of the body. Hormones may be produced in small amounts, but they control important body functions such as growth, development and reproduction. Certain hormones can make young animals gain weight faster, reducing the waiting time and the amount of feed eaten by an animal, before slaughter. (In dairy cows, hormones can be used to increase milk production). Thus, hormones mean higher profits for the beef and dairy industries. Although the USDA and FDA claim these hormones are safe, there is growing concern that hormone residues in meat and milk might be harmful to human health and the environment. A concern about an increase in cases of girls reaching puberty or menarche early (at age eight or younger) in Puerto Rico, led to an investigation in the early 1980s by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). Samples of meat and chicken from Puerto Rico were tested for steroid hormone residues. One laboratory found a chicken sample from a local market to have higher than normal level of estrogen. Also, residues were reported in the blood of some of the girls who had reached puberty early. Thus, implicating hormone residues in the early onset of puberty in girls(which could put them at greater risk of developing breast and other forms of cancer). Although it is believed that the use of six natural and artificial growth hormones in beef production poses a potential risk to human health, by disrupting human hormone balance, NO comprehensive studies have been done. Scientists are concerned about <br />
our bodies continually being bombarded with xenoestrogens(“xeno” means foreign). They’re in our food supply and can have an effect that is 100-1,000 times more potent than the strongest estrogen made in the body.<br />
Sounds like a recipe for precocious puberty in girls to me!<br />
FYI: To reach a final conclusion on the effect the use of hormones in the beef and dairy industries has on human health, large-scale studies comparing the health of people who eat meat or dairy products from hormone-treated animals, to people who eat a similar diet, but from untreated animals would be necessary. I think it's about time for this study-don't you?

Best Answer

basic human development

Best Answer

I don't know if it is genetics or culture, but I fully recognized that females my age were both mentally and physically more mature. I know that I do not have the answer as to why, but i think it stems from the female responsibilities in our ancestry. The males would be expected to do much of the physical labor and the females would have to do much more mind numbing chores, like cook, take care of the younger siblings and whatnot. Farming does not take a lot of brain skill. At any rate, i once read a story about Iman, she wanted to have a child with David Bowie, but was unable to become pregnant until she was on some photoshoot with, I think it was Cristy Brinkley, But I can't be sure...and she held her new born child all day, that somehow got the hormones flowing and she was able to conceive. The point is, if the young females are taking care of the little children and it some how activates their hormones, it would make sense to me that the would mature faster physically as well. Hmmm, that was longer than I expected it to be...

Best Answer

From the age of about eleven, girls are having to learn to cope with becoming adult females. The risks & responsibilities for them totally outway anything that a boy has to cope with. He is still out playing.

Best Answer

Because they think with the wrong HEAD!! (:<br />
*My difinition of a teen ager---- "A hormone with a back pack" (LOL)

Best Answer

Because they are slow

Best Answer

girls always seem to mature a lot faster that guys.

Best Answer

Really??? We are behind? That's why woman are nuts, no control. Think that they are better, woman have no control over their emotions.

Best Answer

It really depends on the person. Some teenagers (like me) are mature, but some have been "misguided." Physically, I don't know. I'm really fat, so I can't say anything.

Best Answer