Can we chalk it all up to hormones or do societal pressures and the hyper-séxual society we live in today play a large role in it as well? I ask this because I just read a question in which a 13-15 year old talked about séx with her boyfriend. What the fúck happened to waiting until adulthood..at the very least. Also, don't give me that bullshít about what it USED to be like hundreds of years ago, life expectancies have greatly increased and maturity at younger ages has decreased due to less responsibilities and such.
SilenceEvermore SilenceEvermore 22-25 18 Answers Feb 20, 2013 in WTK

Waiting until adulthood is a very new thing.

Best Answer

Yeah, I think you're right about that. I know when I was a teen, that's about all I could think about.

Best Answer

There was a series of programmes aired quite sometime ago on BBC2 where people 0f 80+ talked frankly about their youth. A few thing have really changed, amongst them, the control of the church, the influence of the media and the vast, insane increase in the population. Everything they, i and todays teenagers felt and acted upon is exactly trhe same.

Best Answer

It's everything you said about societal pressure and whatnot, with one big addition.<br />
Society today is more impersonal. People are working more hours than they have in decades, and the difficulty of school has increased dramatically, and is now harder than it's ever been. Lack of support from the adult generation combined with this workload leaves people wanting to feel wanted. Combine that with hormones, societal pressure, and a hypersexual media, and this is the result.

Best Answer

Well, at least we can agree on one thing :D

Best Answer

At that age from 13 to 18, you are at your sexual peak.....

Best Answer

They always have and always will. It's only in 'modern' society that we wait for several years after puberty (well in theory and in the eyes of law) to procreate. Don't need to go back hundreds - just last century.

Best Answer

The only thing teens don't have these days is maturity.

Best Answer

Sex is hammered into everyone via suggestion in this day and age.

Best Answer

The hormones definitely play a part, and nowadays everything is so sexualised.

Best Answer

For a million years young women of 13-15 were getting married and having babies. That's why they start to bleed at around age 11-12. That's the evolutionary biology.<br />
In the past one (1) century idiots have pretended that young women (and men) are "adolescents" (a made up 20th century concept) and tried to block them from becoming functional adults. Young women are eager to get on with life, get laid, and make babies because that's what young women have done for a hundred thousand generations before idiots tried to stop them.

Best Answer

lost kids finding connection

Best Answer

why don't you turn on the TV and figure it out. **** is free on the internet, you don't need to steel any of dads ***** mags like kids did 20 years ago. the modern music has sexually active lyrics. its not the 20th century anymore

Best Answer

Hormones, Temptation, Influence of the devil, peer pressure, lack of self-control and probably desperation. Its a sad world, the more teen pregnancies the more I'll be vouching for Island transitions. Wish they'd practice abstinence...

Best Answer

Who are not eager? Even elderly and old people after a lot of experience of it are eager.

Best Answer