I mean each time I see a question like "should I cut myself ?" or "my life sucks" or "I dont see any hope or future in my life" it is from that minor age group. I wish they would talk to the people that can help them first hand - parents - teachers - priest - social worker - somebody - because this is a sad state of affairs if young ppl feel this way. I hope it is just a isolated group and not a snapshot of what young people are going through these days.
Bandiroux Bandiroux 56-60, M 23 Answers Jan 26, 2013 in Community

I'm seventeen and I feel like I'm getting a giant snapshot of all these adult men that have really bad marriages, are unhappy with their lives, and have disgusting child abuse fetishes. (NOT all of them!) But I've seen soo many men with their experiences being about sharing wives, peeing themselves, ***********, and little girls. Are all men this way? No. But EP seems to have a lot of them.<br />
I think EP should have less of those perverts that are trying to get their rocks off and more of those teenagers that go online to make friends and find happiness..<br />
EP is about supporting people and making friendships.

Best Answer

There young. They don't know what there saying until they get older. Well Eventually Life's A *****.

Best Answer

I'll admit I'm one of the people who tend to be hard on teenagers here, but then I thought back to my days in school, and most of the stuff I went through sounds painfully familiar: bullying, cutting, depression, family strife, body image issues, school drama, friendship drama, boyfriend drama and yeah, I wasn't being fair. I have a 17 yr old sister and she's just at that age where she can sink or swim- her parents are battling over her, my mom is sick constantly, she struggles with her weight, she gets bullied(although I helped her win against that) and she's slipping in school. She has other sisters, but it seems she doesn't want to listen because I'm "old" and I take an intellectual position, so I see her as another "dumb teenager". Shes not, none of them are but I got so much going on with myself, I couldn't possibly solve her troubles and mines and I guess I get mad at her, then mad at them because I get mad at myself.

Best Answer

The parents aren't always so god at listening, and it can feel akward to a teen to go to someone else for help. <br />
I almost killed my self I know how it feels.... My mom didn't think I would, my dad never took the time to listen. I finally as a last resort went to my piano teacher.... He not only listened, but took the time to try I help me! He's a wonderful person!

Best Answer

They don't know how to properly handle their problems. As MyBe11e4Ever said, it feels like the whole world is against you. <br />
Back when I was in HS, I've tried to tell an adult what was going on, no one would really help me. No one really liked me, except for my sister, who was of course, popular and I was just known as that nerd who sat in the corner. <br />
I would walk in a classroom, be called names and the teachers wouldn't say anything, they would just laugh. When they where finally confronted, they blamed it on me, saying that I was the one who bullied them first, when I never did anything wrong to them. I sat alone for a long time, cried over it a lot and basically had no one to talk to about it, which only allowed me to talk about my problems in thought. <br />
Instead of saying " I feel like I'm going to harm myself" I took it to the next level: " Should I harm myself?" so that someone would pay attention to it and not brush if off their shoulders. I never did harm myself, my mind was never made up on it. I said it like that so that someone would respond to me, no matter how bad it sounded because I wanted that kind of attention, even if it wasn't smart. <br />
I wanted it because it was better having it that way than nothing at all. This way, people would actually pay attention to my sadness rather than tell me that I'm just simply " going to be okay" and not actually dealing with it.

Best Answer

teenagers are retards u have to learn to accept that

Best Answer

You were a teenager not that long ago

Best Answer

he was a retard not too long ago - which means he is coming in for a landing.

Best Answer

i still am.....and i have no problem admitting that i used to be a retard.

Best Answer

well then - I have nothing to say but good luck with that !

Best Answer

why thank you!

Best Answer

I am 14, and I can speak for this. Many of us, usually have no one to talk to. No one we can trust. The people we have trusted in the past, have usually come back and stabbed us in the back. We can find no solution to our life.

Best Answer

I had such amjor dramas @ that age. Had some support, but that is a time of uphival.

Best Answer

I think people are more attuned to seeing the negatives, I'm a 15 year old who honestly is extremely happy. I have the best family and friends anyone could ask for, I also think teens may be looking for attention or being over dramatic. Of course their problems are important I just think they use here as an outlet whereas adults do it in the real world more often than not.

Best Answer

Look at the world we are growing up in. Adults are hipocrits who think they know what we are going through. They don't. Times have changed and what we deal with now is far worse than it was in the past. Besides its a difficult time in everyones life. You're conflicted by being told to grow up, but not to fast. To 'be a kid' but don't be irresponsible. Its hard to find a balance. Aldults say we can talk to them but all they do is put us down, belittle our problems, and say things like 'its not that big of a deal. Self harm is a sad and serious problem for many teens. Most grow out of it. I myself still stuggle everyday with it. We feel like we have no one to talk to. Adults don't understand and most 'friends' are fake or too self obsorbed. Being a teenager is very difficult. Even for mature teens. Its a lot to do with our envirment

Best Answer

Because a few of us actually have significant problems, believe it or not.

Best Answer

cause they need help and are coming to us for it

Best Answer

They are kids. They have no idea of what life is like, except in their little wolds. Unfortunately, parents aren't always open with them. It is sad.

Best Answer

"Reaching out" here on EP is a start! At that age I'm not sure I would have thought of the "obvious" like a school counselor, etc. Parents aren't always an open door, unfortunately.

Best Answer

That's because they are changing within and everything seems larger,that's what i think.

Best Answer

because this fkg gov is putting so much pressure on kids with school work homework & obsessed with test results just to make the gov look good the pressures too much for most of them. they arnt having a normal schooling or childhood anymore. its just results results results & fk the effect its having on kids, thats why theyre harming themselves & killing themselves as the gov is piling too much on them

Best Answer

They want attention

Best Answer