GoldenNCAngel GoldenNCAngel 41-45, F 4 Answers Feb 7, 2012

The characters need to be believable.

Best Answer

Not nice. I hope you've matured a bit since a year ago :P

Best Answer

Just great. A year goes by and the first person to call me out on this is someone I agree with most of the time.... I don't even remember the follow up I has on que.

Best Answer

Because of stereotyping , southerners reputations are being dumb hicks and sleeping with family members. Maybe the Southerners drawl makes them sound kind of ignorant to SOME people. But Bill Clinton who is one of the most intelligent presidents we've ever had came from the south accent and all. And the nice but much maligned President Jimmy Carter came from the south..

Best Answer

Stereotype of Southerners as obedient to authority (even corrupted society -- think Judge L Roy Bean), whether it is religious or executive/legal authoritiy IS common (think Mayberry RFD and the deputy), and the terms that accent bestows that turned the word Negro into the ugly N-word, or "ain't" instead of aren't, and many more examples I could bore people with are now indelibly tied to the idea of the Redneck (an exaggerated idea of political incorrectness hiding behind hyper-morality and lack of common sense). Those stereotypes that include things like bible-thumpers in the bible belt are usually reflected in laws, and laws can be compared. Strictness to rules (even "southern hospitality") in a free society, with free speech, WITH INTERNET, is a funny, funny thing! When I was a kid, the joke was about the Polish (e.g., polack jokes); I remember seeing a ceramic coffee mug with the handle on the inside, and on the outside it said (of course), Polish Coffee Cup. Well, however you slice it, human beings of all sorts are hysterically funny in one way or another.

Best Answer

There's a fair portion of Brooklynese, too.

Best Answer