Are there are any in men's public washrooms?
naturefreak1 naturefreak1 22-25, F 10 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in Hobbies

Some of the very, very old women's bathrooms had adjacent "quiet rooms" where women could lie down if they were having problems with "that time of the month", for example. They weren't considered necessary in men's bathrooms for obvious reason. Keep in mind, men were designing the buildings then, so this was a nicety they provided. It's not generally something found in newer buildings.

Best Answer

That makes sense. Most of the buildings on campus are quite old. Thank you.

Best Answer

that's actually not a bad idea if they're kept clean

Best Answer

This is quite true. In those days, these facilities often bore the name "Ladies' Retiring Room," which bypassed the mention of anything thought to be indelicate. We had one of these where I went to college in New York City.

Best Answer

My then-wife once asked the bank manager why there was a bed in the ladies room of the bank, and he told her it's "a fainting couch" and it was just an old Southern tradition that ladies would want to have one in some public washrooms. He said to his knowledge, no female bank customers had ever actually fainted in there.

Best Answer

I used to work at a place that had that. In certain states, I believe it was a law at one time to have them.

Best Answer

So they can sleep with the pope

Best Answer

I have heard the two most useless things in the world are the pope's balls. So I guess they really would be sleeping then huh?

Best Answer

women use to get the vapors and had to lay down

Best Answer

The vapors?

Best Answer

it was before you were born

Best Answer

Wow! News to me. I was never aware of this in the UK, ever.

Best Answer

what counry you from, that dont happen in U S A

Best Answer

Canada.

Best Answer

are you sure you were in a public wash room?

Best Answer

Of course...

Best Answer

lolwut

Best Answer