As a European, I can't understand it!
iams iams 41-45, M 16 Answers Sep 18, 2009

Actually, truth be known, there is only one major political party but it has two heads labeled Democrat and Republican. Mock battle is waged between the two to keep us distracted while their true mission is to suck freedom and revenue out of us till we become their slaves.

Best Answer

There is actually about 10 political parties in the U.S.<br />
Only two are funded by the government...<br />
I believe the other parties need to get 3% of the popular vote to get government funding for campaigns...<br />
We even have a Communist party... though I don't expect them to get 3% of the popular vote any time soon...<br />
Ralph Nader from the Green Party is the likeliest to get it, I think, but still not all that close...<br />
*shaka*

Best Answer

WELL SAID JOE BONE!<br />
There are other parties, but none but 2 get any attention from the media or anything for that matter. And the reason you ask the question "Why are there only two political parties in the US?" is the answer in and of itself. They continue to perpetuate these two parties as the only realistic political party options, because both parties are controlled by the same puppeteers. As Joe said. This leaves the american people with two realistic options to express their voice in politics. Join the voice of the conservative republicans or the liberal democrats. Though they say you can join the voice, your voice, your vote, don't matter for crap. Take a look at bush stealing his second term. The only voice that matters is the voice on tv saying trust me trust me I have your best interests at heart, give me your vote and ill make sure your problems all go away. And when they don't, that politician loses his office to the newest lying voice saying trust me this time, he didn't do what you wanted him to but I sure will, which he won't either. Leaving us voiceless, powerless, enslaved. <br />
Politics of our day aka: Politricks, is just a bunch of bickering and squabbling over petty insignificant issues. What a waste of time. Instead of fighting the dems or the repubs we and the politicians should be fighting for is america and it's citizens. Instead of fighting eachother we should be working together. Instead of dragging the opponent down to make them look better they should be bettering this nation. Instead of fighting for votes, they should be fighting for the ideals they claim to be representing. Fighting for the empty promises they keep making us. But the system aint designed to work now is it. This two party system keeps us divided and biased and bickering and squabbling and in the end keeps us distracted from the real issues. The whole party system is just a manipulative means to keep us fighting each other instead of fighting for what we should be fighting for. In war, it's called "DIVIDE AND CONQUEROR", but in politics, it's sold as everyday democracy. And the foolish sheeple keep buying democracy in it's pretty little package every day. And the sheeple assume whatever comes in the pretty little package of democracy must be pretty. Cause it's sold under a pretty package of lies and a pretty bow of temporary appeasement. And nobody actually bothers to look at whats inside the package, just trusting the lies on the outside, that hide the truth inside. But one day that package will spring open on us, and the truth will find us. And what will we find????? Anybody guess???? We'll find enslavement under the RFID chip and the NEW WORLD ORDER!!!!!!!<br />
They're gonna trick us, they're gonna scare us so bad we'll give up all our freedoms, just like 911 and the patriot act, they will claim to keep us safe by ending all nations that will mean an end to all wars. In reality, it will mean the end of all freedom. The politics of today, the politics as usual is not but the politricks to keep us distracted from looking at what's ahead, the cliff right around the corner, instead of looking ahead, we've got our heads up our a$$e$ bickering at each other about wether or not palin should wear her hair up or down on election day.<br />
But it don't matter if her hair is up or down, it don't even matter if it's him or her, repub or dem, they're all puppeteered by the same puppet master. The plan is to take away our freedoms, our freedom of choice, there will be no choice or freedom in the enslavement of the new world order, there will be no options when they shove their glorious option to end all nations, which will end all advancement of society and this species in general. And that's where the politics of today will lead us if we continue to allow their trickery to distract us from what is going on around us. We got to put the pieces together and read through the bs, between the lines, behind their claimed motives. <br />
America is in that awkward stage, it's too late for reform, yet it's too early to shoot the bastards. Or lob off their heads like the french revolution. However it didn't need to be this way. The founding father's of our nation suffered tyrannical rule of the King of England, and hated it. So they overthrew his rule, and set up our government, with the provisions of our constitution which would allow future generations the ability to prevent any further tyrannical rule in this land. So what did we do with it? Let the same tyrannical rule overcome us. We came from europe seeking shelter from the tyrannical rule of the royalty and burgoise of Europe, only to allow ourselves to come under the same Damn enslavement. President replaced king. Ceo replaced Sir. New land, new names, same story. I'm so sick of this story, moreover I'm sick of the human race's inability to overthrow their oppressive dictators. Instead of revolting, to solve our problems, we just get drunk or high and forget about them. Stupid sheeple, I've given up on this species as a whole.

Best Answer

from the uk I like your rant....but, george was a german king, not ours.....having said that, previously being anti monarchy, I do beleive I would prefer the queen to rule us rather than the lying gits we have in the government for the last 30 years or so.

Best Answer

The queen isn't good hearted like the british opinion of her is. It's all an act, all a lie. She does not love her people, she thinks they are worthless commoners, as all the elite of this planet think of the rest of the human race. It is just kept secret from the commoners, to keep them docile. Don't need any slave revolts going on.

Best Answer

You ( we ) get the representation we deserve. When was that last time we took to the streets and yelled "enough! We are not going to take this crap any longer". Was it Kent State in the 60's.? Martin Luther King March?<br />
Trouble is its too comfortable sitting in our own excrement cos to get out means we have to do something that's unpleasant.<br />
I dont blame the rich and powerful for wanting t stay that way but I do protest when they tell us that the fight to stay that way is for OUR benefit

Best Answer

I'm glad someone is discussing this issue. It really adversely affects the everyday reality of an average American, and the funny part is, from my experience, most Americans don't even realize it. They are al about Democrat vs. Republican. haha An average American doesnt travel and/or watch foreign news, movies, etc. so they don't know what they are missing. I guess they are victims of this carefully perpetrated propaganda. It's one strong machinery I have to say. It's scary. I just realized it as I hit 30, my goodness, what is really happening here?!?! The glimpses I am getting are scary. There are many scary regimes in this world, from various dictatorships, military, political or religious, to just simply anarchies and mafia ruled states...BUT WHAT IS THIS ONE SUPPOSED TO BE? I'd prefer to know who's f..... me in the head and that it's known that someone is f..... me in the head, than not to know I'm being f in the head at all. This is a convoluted and dishonest regime, and its kinda huge and isolated country so it doesn't help the masses, only the perpetrators.

Best Answer

Although JoeBone is correct there are numerous parties:<br />
Green, Constitution, Knights, Communist, Libertarian, even a Marijuana Party<br />
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_political_parties_in_the_United_States

Best Answer

I don't believe anyone has been the Independent Party, yet? There are those who register this way, instead of choosing which hide to ride...The Donkey or The Elephants. BuT they don't seem to count either anyway. I agree, that there is a great lot of trickery go on in 'politics'. Get our eyes off of what is coming out the back door, by keeping us shouting at the front door OR at each other. Don't know how much it really helps, but it is good to start to see that regular Joe's, like us are starting to catch on. But we best start catching on faster and start in making plans, as the one post who mentioned the RFID bio-chip bracelets really do exist and I have a sinking suspicion that it will be connected in an all about way to the Federal Mandate that all hospital and clinics go computerized and the upcoming H1N1 vaccines or another vaccinations that can be placed as an Order for the publics 'health safety'. It is already a Law in place, IF a Federal Mandate goes out from the top, that ALL with have to be vaccinated, then ALL will be lined up to be vaccinated, just like the days of the small pox and polio vaccines, if any here remember lining up at school for the polio vaccinations?

Best Answer

There are lots of political parties, just not very strong ones. The Dems and Repulicans get the most press they have the most members so they usally win. We even have independants within each party and they could make thier own part someday, there are apparently a lot of them. But they seem not to make any real descions until the day of the election.

Best Answer

The two leading parties are the one's with the most money. They can block out all the others.

Best Answer

there aren't it just looks that way. There's also a 3rd party that gets like 2 votes and is useless to vote on.

Best Answer

There is the Libertarian Party.

Best Answer

It's bad enough with the two political parties so having more than that would be even more detrimental! There's too much discontent in this country and too much bellyaching and power grabbing and it will NEVER be united despite it's name.

Best Answer